Super Contributor

Re: I Had a Terrible Loss Today

SF Girl, 

I know all too well that there really isn't much anyone can do or say to bring you comfort at a time like this. Many here including myself have experienced unexpected losses....we know the darkness you are feeling and understand your pain. There are some very kind and caring people here that really do care and are here for you if you need someone to talk to. You are so right, life is not fair and I'm very sorry for the sudden loss of your dear friend.

Take care and God bless. lobstergal

Esteemed Contributor

Hi, @Apple Head.  My dad died of bacterial meningitis.  It caused him a stroke that eventually took him down.

I hope you have others around that can help with the pain and loss.  Special people can't be replaced, and you are one of them.  Try to not let the "undertoad" (John Irving - The World According to Garp) bring you down.  

I am sorry for your loss.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Apple Head

Everyone before me has so eloquently expressed everything there is to say.  Just wanted to let you know how sorry I am for your loss. ---Sidsmom 💛 

Honored Contributor

So sorry for your loss.  You are in my thoughts and prayers today.

Respected Contributor

i am so sorry for your loss, sf girl.  

i'm glad that you were able to come here and get some support from your online  friends.

Respected Contributor

I can't even imagine how you are feeling right now.  Death is bad enough but when it is unexpected it just grabs hold of us and won't let go.

Come here any time for support.  Thinking of you.

Honored Contributor

Standing with you in your grief.

The best advice about loss that I ever received- Plan your life to live it as you know the lost dear one(s) would have wanted you to. 

I personally add to that thought that I have come to realize that those Dear Ones whom I have lost are always near by.

Valued Contributor

I am so sorry!    

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss and for your friend.

Frequent Contributor

@Apple HeadSFgirl   Wonderful people like your friend are gifts.  All we can do is enjoy them for the time we have them and remember how they enriched our life.  Condolences for your loss.