Valued Contributor

Will you wake up each day ,despite challanges , and try to smile?

Will you try to help someone   regardless if you will get any help back?

Will you love simply for the joy it brings,even if it isnt returned in kind?

These are questions  I think we should ask  ourselves, often, Chasing happy never brings it it seems, Happy seems to settle around us like snowflakes, barely  noticible untill  it accumulates.Im trying to find these things in myself constantly.Like a garden it doesnt thrive on neglect . am trying to become a better  person  everyday of my life, trying to look at both sides of the coin, not be so judgmental . I slip backwards constantly, I am human , this is what it means to try something out of my comfort zone.I hope you friends here ,will challenge  yourself to grow, flower into something  you didnt think  was posible. Change  can be scary but also incredably freeing.I am sending all of you positive   thoughts no matter where in life you are, you  all so deserve it, i know, i  have heard you, heard your hearts and   challanges. Go out into the  world and be your light on the path and in the world....Maryanne 

Honored Contributor

Re: How will you find happy...

Image result for happy word images

Trusted Contributor

I am a happy person in my life!  I will continue to feel happy as long as I can let go of hurt and pain!

I try to let go of hurt and pain by first praying about it and then I walk outside and look up at the sky and say "here God I am giving this to you to solve and I will have patience about it!"

Thank you for this thread @Keeper of the koi!

Valued Contributor

@Newgate, Yes you get it!   amen !  You release its power!Thank you , so perfect!Maryanne

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Keeper of the koi

Being happy has to be done by the person seeking it. No person/place or thing will bring happiness to a person. Too many reasons(I call them excuses) are put out by unhappy people.

It's my job/money/spouse/boredom, even my health, or lack of it. If a person cannot be alone with themselves and be happy? How in the world are they going spread happiness to others? Answer, they ain't.

I treat people the way I want to be treated. To me it isn't who you are or your title that matters, it is treating others like everyone is equal, regardless of their monetary or social status, color/relgion or gender.

Many that are seeking happiness cannot find it even though it is staring them right in the face. You control your happiness, and if you cannot say you are happy and believe it? Chances, as I see it, are pretty slim that you will "spread it to the world".

BE HAPPY!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

@hckynut ,  Dear John, You are such a wise ,kind soul, Your light shines very brightly through your words.I would like to thank you  for all the words    and advice over the years, it felt like having a kind father ....Maryanne 

Honored Contributor

Any day you wake up above ground is worth a smile.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I had grown very unhappy while I was working and now that I don't have to work anymore I am very content with my life. those problems we all have - but don't actually have a solution to - I just give them to God and move on.

Honored Contributor

On Joy and Sorrow
 Kahlil Gibran

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
And how else can it be?
The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.
Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?
And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?
When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.
When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

Some of you say, "Joy is greater thar sorrow," and others say, "Nay, sorrow is the greater."
But I say unto you, they are inseparable.
Together they come, and when one sits, alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed.

Verily you are suspended like scales between your sorrow and your joy.
Only when you are empty are you at standstill and balanced.
When the treasure-keeper lifts you to weigh his gold and his silver, needs must your joy or your sorrow rise or fall.
Frequent Contributor

One day at a time. Happy is not things, although, they can bring us joy. Happy to me was leaving an unhappy job and finding contentment within myself. As Reba McEntire sang, "Is there life out there" yes, there is and it's really good!