Honored Contributor

Re: How will you find happy...

I once read something that said, "you'll be about as happy as you make up your mind to be".

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutThat was epic.

Honored Contributor

Everyone has a choice.  Wake up and make the most of the day or wake up and be a lousy person to be around.  You never know the date of your last day.

Honored Contributor

I always say that we have many choices and much power over our feelings and the way we live our lives.I don't let people have the power to change my feelings and I want to be happy because I feel the most pleasure then.There are people that choose to be miserable and they will try to rob you of your happiness but don't let go...it is your choice and it is your victory.I guess my answer would be that I find my own happiness within and take responsibility for maintaining it.

Honored Contributor

@Keeper of the koi wrote:

Will you wake up each day ,despite challanges , and try to smile?

Will you try to help someone   regardless if you will get any help back?

Will you love simply for the joy it brings,even if it isnt returned in kind?

These are questions  I think we should ask  ourselves, often, Chasing happy never brings it it seems, Happy seems to settle around us like snowflakes, barely  noticible untill  it accumulates.Im trying to find these things in myself constantly.Like a garden it doesnt thrive on neglect . am trying to become a better  person  everyday of my life, trying to look at both sides of the coin, not be so judgmental . I slip backwards constantly, I am human , this is what it means to try something out of my comfort zone.I hope you friends here ,will challenge  yourself to grow, flower into something  you didnt think  was posible. Change  can be scary but also incredably freeing.I am sending all of you positive   thoughts no matter where in life you are, you  all so deserve it, i know, i  have heard you, heard your hearts and   challanges. Go out into the  world and be your light on the path and in the world....Maryanne 

@Keeper of the koi

A beautiful post!  Just reading it has made me happy!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I find that being grateful helps lift my spirits. I try to express my thanks throughout the day, sometimes before I get out of bed.  It sets in motion a good feeling about the day and life in general.  Of course, I have bad days like anyone but that’s made the biggest difference in my outlook.  There’s always something for which to be grateful.  I could probably spend days listing everything.  There’s an endless, infinite universe filled with so much. 

Honored Contributor

I've heard it said that a mother is only as happy as her saddest child.

I find that to be true. I'm happy when my kids are happy. My oldest son and my husband have health issues.  When they  are feeling well, I'm happy and full of energy and when they are down, I feel as though I'm carrying an elephant on my back.  If it were me, alone, I think I would be upbeat most of the time.  

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

My family has been through a lot. Lots of pain and loss. Whe i turned 50 i just let go of it. Got some toxic people out of my life. Got a job I love. Make sure I tell my friends and family how much I love them often. Open my sunroof, sing really loud... my life is very happy! I love where I am in my life!
While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Respected Contributor

Let go of attachment and hatred.