Respected Contributor

Re: Household Chore You HATE!

wagirl. awesome answer.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

...grocery shopping - you have to handle the groceries so many times before putting away in the cupboard, refrigerator, freezer, etc.

@Sassy7356

You said it!  Grocery shopping is a backbreaker for me...reach or bend to select item and put in cart...bend and twist to put it on conveyor belt from cart...bend and twist putting bags in trunk...bend, twist, lug bags from trunk to kitchen, and repeat depending on how many bags you have...bend and twist putting everything away!!!  I used to shop on a day when Handsome was at work, but a lightbulb went off one day and I switched to a day when he is home and can grocery shop with me...what a relief!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF The absolute best money I spend each month is paying the lady who cleans my house. I can't recommend it highly enough. We go out and run errands while she is here , have lunch out and come home to a perfectly clean home. Most people I know only have their house cleaned once a month - I prefer every two weeks.  

When we go to camp for the summer I clean myself and it reminds me how very fortunate I am to be getting it cleaned the rest of the year.A camper is so much easier to clean too because everything is built in - no having to get under or over anything.

Honored Contributor

Dishes and and anything to do with cleaning the kitchen.  It has to be done everyday, several times a day.  It's a never ending job.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't love any of it, but cleaning toilets is just - just, no.   

I'll take all the vacuuming many of you hate and you can have the toilets!  Smiley Happy

My favorite thing is vacuum sealing stuff.  Love that!

Esteemed Contributor

@151949

I hear ya!  It's on my list to check out rates for monthly or quarterly cleaning...baseboards, mopping, bathrooms, kitchen, dusting.  We are blessed that, between the two of us, we can still manage daily (light) and weekly/monthly (heavier) cleaning.  But, I can surely see the time is coming when we will need someone every two weeks or monthly.  A reputable cleaning service is a blessing!

I got a chuckle out of your story about your husband and the Dyson.  Maybe it's a man thing...it's bigger and manlier than a feather duster, has a motor, and makes a loud noise LOL.  

Once, I mentioned to my husband that the dust/dirt receptacle on our vac needed to be emptied.  He emptied it...then...turned it upside down and took apart the brush and cleaned that...took out all removable sections and cleaned...checked the lightbulb and I don't know whatall else LOL!  It took him an hour to vac our approx. 1600 sq ft home, with most of that footage being faux wood flooring!

What services do you get on a monthly basis and would you mind giving me a ballpark rate (I wouldn't blame you if you didn't lol)?

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Valued Contributor

I hate all of it but I don't do much.  I have had a cleaning lady for many years.  We both work our butts off and I refuse to spend the weekend cleaning house.  Laundry and the cat box is enough for me.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Contributor

Cleaning out the refrigerator!!!

Honored Contributor

ALL!!!!!

Image result for image of house wife running from messy house

Respected Contributor

For me it is changing the beds.  The fitted sheets never fit once they have been washed so I end up in a wrestling match with king size mattresses - then the cat always always appears and gets under the so called fitted sheet - let's play Mum.  I am then in danger of losing my arm or hand as cat very "playful" with full claws and he is big.

Then leave bedroom until cat leaves then continue my fight.

This is my worst chore -  if DH "helps" he only plays with the cat.