Esteemed Contributor

Re: Household Chore You HATE!

I'm with you @Katcat1 on this.  I could clean my house all day long -- don't mind it a bit -- but ironing is a different story.  I detest it and, like you, do it one piece at a time.  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I hate cleaning the bathrooms, especially the commode and shower door when it builds up with lime and calcium deposits.  It's so hard to get off.  (We have hard water where we live.)

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

Cleaning the tub and shower

Emptying the dishwasher

Trusted Contributor

Cleaning Shutters--I have them all over the house!

Cleaning Mirror closet doors--Mine are ceiling to floor  

Cleaning showers

Washing out the microwave and refrigerator

I recently hired someone to come in and do all of the above once a month!!  Hooray!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Least favorite to clean is the toilet. If I do not clean them, husband never would  unless I ask......so I always do it.

Esteemed Contributor

Ironing and laundry are the only household chores I don't mind.  

It helps that my husband and I clean/straighten up after ourselves daily, and that he is helpful with all the other chores.

The day is fast approaching when we will need to hire someone to help with the more physically taxing chores. 

I hate dusting...I have been known to write messages on tabletops!!...

Image result for dust me on dusty surface

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I absolutely detest doing laundry. Even worse when we are at our summer camp and I have to drag it to the campground laundry where half the machines never work. Sometimes I get disgusted with it and just go into town to the public laundromat, but it is much more expensive.

Oddly - I don't mind ironing, though it is difficult with my back so it is iron a little - rest a little and makes for slow progress. 

If I had to clean my own house that would be all I do all day every day as it takes me forever. Thank goodness I have help with the housework - all I do are the daily chores like making the bed - cook & clean up the kitchen etc. My DH actually enjoys vacuuming since we got a Dyson so he does it every few days. God Bless him. Now , if I want to use the vacuum for anything I have to ask his permission to use "his" dyson.

Honored Contributor

Cleaning the bathroom. I haven't been able to kneel for years, and the "helper" extensions are less than helpful AFAIC.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Dusting and grocery shopping - you have to handle the groceries so many times before putting away in the cupboard, refrigerator, freezer, etc.

Respected Contributor

desertdi. loved your answer. got a laugh from it.