Trusted Contributor

Re: Household Chore You HATE!

I hate cleaning out the frig and cleaning the glass refrigerator shelves.

Also hate mopping the kitchen floor...our floor is white and it never stays clean long!

I agree with the poster who said she hates putting away groceries...I hate bringing the groceries in and putting everything away.  I haven't ironed in a very long time, I have to admit.  When I need something ironed, I usually just spritz the item lightly with water and then throw it in the dryer on "permanent press" cycle.  This works especially well for tablecloths but I do it with clothes too.  Works great for me! Oh...thought of another one that really bugs me...cleaning baked on and splattered things from my stovetop.  Can't stand that...problem is, I hate it so much that I put it off and make it a bigger chore than it has to be!

Honored Contributor

@RockChalkJayhawk wrote:

I hate all of it but I don't do much.  I have had a cleaning lady for many years.  We both work our butts off and I refuse to spend the weekend cleaning house.  Laundry and the cat box is enough for me.

@Jayhawk GirlI knew I was right!

Honored Contributor

Don't hate, but, things where I have to get down on my knees. It now takes me longer to get back up. We both have to hold on to something to get back up. Welcome to 68-69. I thought it would take longer to be this way, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.   Now others may be more spry than we are, I'm just saying in this house. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pattypeep,we're in the same boat!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

It's the dishes because they pile up fast.  Last night we had grilled chicken, potatoes, gravy, corn and cake.  When I got done, the cupboard was full of dishes.  One thing I don't like is that we eat in our kitchen so we see those dirty dishes.  When I had a home with a dining room, the experience was more pleasant.

Honored Contributor

I hate all household chores...

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Probably the one I hate the MOST is washing sheets, drying sheets and remaking bed weekly.

UGGGH

But, I abhor all cleaning.  I don't have a dirty house, but I do hate cleaning.  Someone comes in once a month to do deeper cleaning and I do what I can daily.

hate it/hate it/hate it

The dust accumulates in a day.  It just never ends.

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

Dusting and grocery shopping - you have to handle the groceries so many times before putting away in the cupboard, refrigerator, freezer, etc.

I like grocery shopping.  I hate putting groceries away.

Honored Contributor

What I do is a thorough spring cleaning, so most weeks, my actual cleaning time is a half hour per week.  DH handles the dreaded dishes.  Right before the Christmas decorations go up, we move furniture and clean thoroughly too.

Honored Contributor

I need to add one as I was reminded this morning.  Unloading the dishwasher.  I have noticed since I am a senior that doing chores in the house are not as important as when I was young.  My home was spotless in my earlier years.  It's clean now, but it doesn't have to be perfect.  I still do spring cleaning and donate clothes I don't wear.  Thanks for participating. Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength