Trusted Contributor

Re: Hooray! Almost time for No Shave November. LOL!

I have to shave my legs & underarms every 3 days. In the summer, when I'm wearing less clothing, I stay on top of it. Once it gets colder, I just shave my underarms on a regular basis, but my legs don't get shaved unless I'm going to be wearing a dress. (I wear hosiery or tights during the winter when I wear a dress) With how cold it gets in IL, once I gets colder, I pretty much live in jeans. My son doesn't care how hairy my legs get & except for my cats, who I'm sure don't care either, I sleep alone. 

Trusted Contributor

Don't say No Shave November out loud - somebody might hear you and decide they don't need to shave.

Mustache fine ... beard - NO NO NO 

Honored Contributor

All my leg and armpit hair has climbed up to my chinWoman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

All my leg and armpit hair has climbed up to my chinWoman Frustrated

Bingo!  My chin has become a Brillo pad.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Since menopause, I only need to shave one side of one leg (seriously) and under my arms about every 2-3 weeks.

It's weird. Hair no longer grows on my right leg, and only grows in a small patch on my left inner calf. My underarms are gradually fading away, but I still have to deal with that periodically.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

Since menopause, I only need to shave one side of one leg (seriously) and under my arms about every 2-3 weeks.

It's weird. Hair no longer grows on my right leg, and only grows in a small patch on my left inner calf. My underarms are gradually fading away, but I still have to deal with that periodically.

Seriously? Since menopause for me is nothing different than before. And my underarms? Take a look in a mirror and tell me that you don't need to shave for 3 week intervals. Yuck. I shave whether its summer or winter. I just can't stand the stubble feel. Woman Surprised

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@MercysMom, are those your dog's legs? LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

Seriously? Since menopause for me is nothing different than before. And my underarms? Take a look in a mirror and tell me that you don't need to shave for 3 week intervals. Yuck. I shave whether its summer or winter. I just can't stand the stubble feel. Woman Surprised

LMAO. Soooo obvious. Have an absolutely wonderful evening, dear 😎

Honored Contributor

I shave year round, but sometimes slack off a little in the winter. 😸

Esteemed Contributor

Ah, the benefits and freedoms of menopause - no more shaving.  I no longer get hair under my arms or on my legs. The unfortunate thing is that it applies to my head too.  I still have hair but it's thinning.  

Happy No-Shave to all who participate.