Honored Contributor

Re: February 2017 Back Fence - Come on by everyone!!!

I'm so sorry for the people in Calif. If it isn't one thing, it's another

I've had an angry stomach and headache for a few days. My husband had it before me. We both got the seniors flu shot, but this must be a virus that is a bit of a different strain

It  seems the days pass so quickly, it seems like Christmas was just here

Our weather has been so mild, I am afraid for the fruit trees. A few years back ,we lost our entire apple crop, because, Mother Nature tricked the trees into thinking it was spring

I hope it doesn't happen again

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello all and Happy Valentine's Day to you. 

Today is my eldest niece's 37th birthday and the first without her mother.  I remember so vividly the day she was born, I was in my senior year of high school and was so excited.  As the youngest of my siblings, it was so cool to have a baby in the family :-)

Now she is the mother of two little ones herself :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Happy Valentines Day everyone.    Merles traveling today so it will be quiet here.  Sun is out and that is a good thing.  

Trusted Contributor

Back to cold today. Yesterday we had lots of sunshine.  I don't think that's going to happen today. 

Im bummed. Our paper person apparently broke his arm and has decided to quit.  He was wonderful. My paper was always at the front door by 4am.    I love to get it first and have it all read by the time Merle decides to get up.  Now we can get it any time between 4-8 or not at all.  Yesterday I called them after 8 and they sent someone out. He rang the doorbell and said the paper was laying out In The driveway behind the truck.   That was awkward but he said they were using a sub and they are instructed not to leave the paper in driveway and instead take to door.   

I love reading the paper In The morning but a late paper is not worth the price you have to pay.  I can read it on line and if they can't find a delivery person, that's what I'll do. Not the same tho.  its one if my simple pleasures.  Lol

i found some apple fritters at the bakery.  They are good but very sweet so made extra coffee.   

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the apple fritters @yock

We're back to cold and windy weather again.  The running joke in Michigan is that if you don't like the weather, give it a few hours.  No truer words were spoken - this winter.

I'm being kept busy at work, which is a good thing.  I ordered a smaller crossbody bag from Macy's the other day and am looking forward to receiving it.

My least favorite clothing seasons are spring/summer and I'm hoping JCPenney, my main shopping destination for tall clothing, comes out with new summer weight pants soon.  I have a couple of pairs of pants for work that could hold me but they are kinda big on me.

Trusted Contributor

The sun is shining this morning.  Good way to start the day.  It's still pretty cold but we are on a warming trend. 

On the 14th I got a call from one of my greats thanking me for her Valentine.   I was surprised cause she doesn't talk much, she's 12.   I thought it was odd that she was the one that called.  Yesterday I got a call from her sister thanking me. She and her little sister got theirs a day late.  They were all mailed at the same time.  They all were electronic so I made sure they had enough postage.   Wasn't pleased about that at all.   But at least they got them.  

Our mail at our house can arrive any time from 9 am to 5 pm. We often seem to have a sub and sometimes you can see three different trucks in the area crossing each other's tracks.  Whoever is planned the routes needs a better map.  

Respected Contributor

Good Morning. We could have rain today - sigh - yesterday was a gorgeous day. Not real warm like last Saturday but very comfortable.

Little girl still not feeling well but his party will be Sunday at Sherry's/. She has more room for kids and additional adults. While I have a large piece of property the house is already jammed, outside chairs are minimal and fine for us but will not handle too many others - she has it all.

Do not feel well at all but managing to stumble around. I suspect I could be getting the problem the little girl has - hope not but suspect so.

Am leaving coffee and bagels - what else?

Have a great day one and all.

Betty you cannot depend on the US Mail system - no way. They basically do a good job but not yet perfected. LOL

Honored Contributor

I rarely get UPS deliveries anymore.  Many of my online orders start out with UPS and then get transferred to the Post Office for final delivery.  Last night, as I pulled into my garage, I noticed a UPS truck slowing down in front of my house. 

I had placed an order for some finch food (Quiko Egg Food) from Dr. Foster's and Smith (over there in Wisconsin).  The prices are better online than any local place for that particular product so I tend to stock up every couple of months.

The UPS driver went into the back of his truck and disappeared for the longest time.  I got cold, waiting outside for him (even with a coat on) so I went into the house.  I could see him finally approaching and he had the wrong box.

Eventually he came back with the correct box.  I had to wonder - it was nearly 7 pm, how much could have been left in that truck at that time of day? 

Honored Contributor

Good Morning and Happy Friday!  It's cold here  but at least the sun is shining.  It's been a busy and slightly aggravating work week so I am happy to have the weekend to adjust my mind, lol.

Trusted Contributor

Had a hard time getting the forums to load today.  I don't know if it was me or them. 

Its pretty cool here today but supposed to get in the 50s.  The sun is out so maybe it will 

it's pretty quiet around here today.  Not quite sure why?  No cars going by, just quiet.