Honored Contributor

Re: February 2017 Back Fence - Come on by everyone!!!

I wasn't watching the superbowl yesterday, I was watching my basement floor during and after the half time show.  My county has experienced another catastrophic sewer line interceptor failure (happened 12-24-16) in roughly the same area as 2004 that resulted in a football field sized sinkhole.  The new county public works commissioner was asking people to pace their flushing during half time out of fear the current system under repair would be overwhelmed by too much 'activity'.

Luckily I had no surprises.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

We did watch the super bowl since there were no great basketball games going on.   It looked like it was going to be a shoo in. I sacked out on the couch waiting for half time show and dropped off to sleep.   When I woke up, Merle was also asleep in his chair, half time was over and the game had turned around big time.  What an exciting finish.  Usually the super bowl is boring but that wasn't the case this year.  In my mind Peyton Manning is still the greatest quarterback. No questions about his games.  But I'll have to give the Patriots a nod along with Brady 

it was a warmer day here today.  Merle and I did our labs we had to get done for cardiologist and rewarded ourselves with a stop by the donut shop.  Had an apple fritter     No one was in there. It used to always be packed in the mornings   Used to always see a neighbor or two.   Don't know what was going on.  

Now I have the evening to myself.  Had a call from the Gyn and they have to redo a test.  I'll do that when I do bladder test. Also had to go pick up a pill for yeast infection. Yikes.  Good thing I finally went in for my exam. I'd be in a pickle perhaps, Bernie if I had to try to pace it. Lol

BF has been quiet. Will have to put up some welcome banners or something. 

Honored Contributor

@yock   Sorry you have to redo a gyn test.  Nothing like that to set one's nerves on edge.  It's been years since I had a yeast infection.  Used to get frequent UTIs and of course, after the antibiotics I'd get the gift that keeps on giving (not).  

Honored Contributor

I think I pulled a muscle or something in my right hip.  It's the strangest thing, I didn't fall down or bump anything yesterday, just developed a sharp twinge last night that made my right leg almost buckle when I was kneeling on the floor to replace my birds newspaper.  Just odd, lol.

It's foggy and drizzling here - yea we are back to that again :-(

Trusted Contributor

We are having the same weather as birdmamma.   It is supposed to be 60 today and 30 tomorrow.   They just came on tv and said LA got hit with another tornado.  That is my biggest fear with these fluctuating temps.   And we're back to that grey sky stage.  

Hope no one is in The path of this violent weather including me.  

Honored Contributor

Wow, we had some windy weather last night.  Not bad enough to be damaging, just audible.

I'm in the mood for junk food.  I'm leaving some mini apple pies and since it feels more like early spring around here than winter, lol, there's some vanilla ice cream in the mini fridge in case you want yours ala mode.

I know they look like pot pies, but they really are apple pies :-)

Image result for mini apple pie

Trusted Contributor

The apple pies look good. Since it looks like just you and me,  Bernie, we might be able to have two. 

We got snow today.  About two inches.  They said the snow will stop but we could have ice in the streets in the morning.  

It s supposed to warm up again in a couple days.  Get your snow shovel ready Bernie.  

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  I'm sorry about the flooding. We heard about the sewer  problems on the news, but I didn't realize you were in that area

I hope it's resolved soon

It was very windy here too.  We are lucky we dodged the big eastern snow storm they are expecting

Aside from the bitter cold snap we had, the  winter hasn't been too bad for us

Honored Contributor

@cherry  I've not flooded because of the sewer break.... yet.  I hope they get a grip on it before Spring and the rain that usually comes wth Spring :-)

It was warmer this morning and really cold when I left work at the end of the day.  Squirrely weather for sure.

Respected Contributor

Don't try it Betty. Just because some of us might  be quiet it does not mean we aren't watching and waiting. LOL

Not a bad day today - was busier than busy if that makes any sense. got a lot of errands done but nothing real productive. You know doing things that might be viewed as mundane but super necessary - that was today.

Hope one and all had a great day.