Honored Contributor

Re: February 2017 Back Fence - Come on by everyone!!!

@yock    Betty it's been pretty cold here too.  We had another day of sunshine and my own groundhog under the front porch Gerry did not come out like Phil. I've never sent a picture in messenger, just added it recently.

7:45 am appointment?  Yikes that's early.  Take it easy tomorrow.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hello and TGIF!

Happy Go Red for Women (American Heart Association) Day.  My employer encourages employees to wear read on this day so there are lots of us, men and women sporting red. 

The sun is shining again :-) and it's a good day.

Help yourself to some Taco salad - hey there's lettuce in there so it's got to be at least partially healthy right?

Image result for taco salad

Trusted Contributor

I'll have sme taco salad. Looks good.   No sun here. Merle and I had a joint appt with our cardiologist today and I completely forgot about the red. Merle was black and I wre blue.   We dd woo, just have to do some routine labs.   I can't understand why they don't do those before the appt. 

we stopped for breakfast on our way home. Had a TExas skillet.   I just read that it was steak, eggs, potatoes, I ins and mushrooms.  When it came, it had three eggs on top. No way I could eat all that. So I shared eggs with Merle and brought the rest home. It was really good.  

Trusted Contributor

We are going to reach 33 degrees today and wonder of wonders, the sun is shining.   Now if that guy who sent back my remote control to be fixed for the shades In The sunroom, would get it back to me, I could raise them.   I can do it by hand but one of them I need to get the step stool out to reach. 

I was was entering stuff on my calendar when I discovered I have a bladder test and a hair appt on the Same day.   The bladder test comes first and 30 minutes later, the hair appt.    I somehow am pretty sure that's not a good idea. Lol.   This is the second time I've had conflicts but thank goodness my gal is understanding and accommodating.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was 9 degrees around here when I awoke this morning.  I don't know what the wind chill factor was.  Watched some AM Style then got off of dead center and then mailed a couple of bills that don't have web bill-pay options and hit the local Hallmark.  My favorite Hallmark, just down the road from me closed last autumn.  I picked up a multipack of Valentine's Day cards and a birthday card for my eldest niece, who also happens to be a Valentine's Day baby.

I also picked up a small rabbit nicknack.  It's ceramic and textured to look like it's made out of burlap.  Came in 3 sizes and I picked up a small one 3" high.  It looks cute in my kitchen hutch, lol.

Trusted Contributor

Looks like everyone thinks it's too cold at the BF. I'll rustle up some hot toddies and we'll be warm all over.  Bernie your little rabbit sounds cute.  

Merles month to usher at church. First of month is always communion.  He was upset that some member jumped up and opened the cover before he wanted it open.  I told him he wasn't being very Christian.  After all, she was just trying to help.  I'm still burning from the glance I got. Lol.  

Sun is shining and since I got the shades up, temp out there is 78.  After iu game may have to take a nap out there. 

Honored Contributor

@yock

Growing up in the Catholic church, I saw from a young age that the male ushers were worse than the women.  Oh and don't let get started on the Knights of Columbus guys, he he he.

Image result for knights of columbus

Trusted Contributor

I should get Merle a hat like that.  

Honored Contributor

@yock

LOL - it's a Knights of Columbus hat.  

Respected Contributor

Very disappointed in the final outcome of the Super Bowl. I was really excited until the end. Darn it anyway.

We had hot dogs and go withs late yesterday afternoon. We are now expecting rain - Time will tell.

Have a good day everyone.