Contributor

Re: February 2016 Birds Nest

Thanks for the thoughts and also thanks for the poem.  Today is hard as we both miss him so.  Freddie Trek died of FIP so I am so very sorry about your stripes too. 

Today was a beautiful sunny day.  Very foggy in the morning.  We had a fire burning more fir branches and we could hear the fog horn down at the ferry.  We enjoyed burning and had a picnic for dinner by the fire roasting hot dogs and had a salad.  May do a rerun tomorrow night as we plan to burn some more tomorrow afternoon. There is always downed debris.  Ron cut down a small cedar today and cedar really burns fast.  

We deliver meals on wheels in the morning.  I have valentine cards for all of the people.  For some we are their only contact all week.  Meals are delivered three days a week and we also deliver frozen ones for the days we don't deliver if they want them.  Most of the people are so nice and appreciative.  Every once in a while we get an ungrateful one but we just smile and move on.

Supposed to get rain later in the week but we are in a rain shadow so don't always get what the weatherman says.

Honored Contributor

Frozen waterfall in Iceland:

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Embedded image permalink

Mrs. Savannah Owl, sitting on her nest on Skidway Island.  

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

I thought this was an interesting pic and didn't know where else to post it!

@MacDUFF, that's a great photo. Thanks for posting it!! -- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The bird of the day is the American Cliff Swallow - gotta love their nests :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

lulea sweden - Google Search:

Honored Contributor

This isn't your average squirrel. It's an Indian Giant Squirrel and you probably won't get a chance to see this guy in the wild unless you're very high up in the canopy of an Indian rainforest.:

Indian Giant Squirrel.    This would be a beautiful squirrel to have in my yard.   Never saw a purple animal before this one. 

Respected Contributor

Possum, that purple squirrel is awesome. Look at that tail will you!!!! Nature certainly has some strange, yet beautiful creatures doesn't it? Wow!!!!

Those feeders are completely empty - AGAIN!!!! The birds are eating like there is no tomorrow again - do they know something I don't? LOL.

Have a couple errands this morning - First must go and exercise, then go and get a chest x-ray, come home and then get my pathetic hair done, afterwards call the school where Davey will be going now - need to get him admitted and THEN over to the regular high school to return his German book. The regular school is very near where I exercise but the timing of all of the things means a second trip back there instead of going when I exercise. Always something. I hope Davey will pay attention to his school work at this school - it is his last chance. We shall see - he says he will get his act together but it will be a watch and see. This school was at one time the original high school here. It is like a continuation school now and also for years when the current high school was built, it was the junior high. Times have changed - we now have one overcrowded high school, two junior highs and two continuation schools. This school building has not only a continuation school but some other kind of school there, not sure what it is. Am told the principal is a hoot and the kids love him - will give the district credit, both continuation schools have staffs that work very well with kids who just can't get it at regular schools - that is good!!! The principal of the other continuation school retired a few years back after 35 years as there - that school is one of the top in the State. Both continuation schools provide graduation certificates, many continuation schools do not have graduations available - this is good.

Hope all have a good day - hope to fill up the feeders - A G A I N later today.

Trusted Contributor

I feel like a slug after reading all your activity, Freddie.  The garbage can is still sitting at the bottom of the driveway.  I better get that up by the house soon.  It's just so cold out there but it's only to the bottom of the driveway for heavens sake.  Didn't get the mail in yesterday either.  It's much nicer looking here today but still dreadfully cold.    

Talked with Terri.  She went home last night. She is exhausted. She said Scott is almost fully awake now.  He is trying to get up by himself and gets quite agitated when he can't.  She said she found out he could speak. Evidently it was not easy to hear or see.  I told her she needed to take a little time for herself before going back to the hospital today.  He is being well cared for and she needs a little me time.  His stomach is still slow.     

Ok now, on with the boots and wheel that garbage can up.  I don't even see a squirrel here today let alone a purple one. 

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

This isn't your average squirrel. It's an Indian Giant Squirrel and you probably won't get a chance to see this guy in the wild unless you're very high up in the canopy of an Indian rainforest.:

Indian Giant Squirrel.    This would be a beautiful squirrel to have in my yard.   Never saw a purple animal before this one. 

Umm with a name like Indian GIANT squirrel, exactly how big is it?@possummink

My regular sized squirrels are pushy enough, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise