Esteemed Contributor

Re: EX HUSBAND WANTS TO RECONCILE

[ Edited ]

@KittyGurl wrote:

Don't play that game with yourself. You are better than that. It almost never works the second time around. Especially if you cannot totally trust him. Do yourself a favor and move on!

I agree.  It sounds as though they're gravitating toward each other for really flimsy reasons.   Doesn't sound like a good basis for a healthy & lasting relationship to me.  (And that's not even taking into account that he's cheated on her and hasn't treated her well in other ways.  Their marriage didn't work out once - What's happened that makes her think things will be any different?)

It may very well be that he & the girlfriend are going thru a rough patch and may stay together.  It doesn't sound as though he's not with her anymore.  He's just "conflicted".   And - even more likely - he could cheat on the OP again.  How many times does she want to be pulled back & forth while he plays her like a yo-yo?  I think she has to decide if this is how she wants to spend the rest of her life, measuring her happiness by his actions and letting her self-esteem be guided by how he feels about her at any given moment.  IMO it's time - way past time - to move on.

Honored Contributor

Paging QVC Chick ..... what is happening ?

Respected Contributor

Having feelings for you and being in love with you are two different things. If he was in love with you he would move heaven and earth to be with you.  I don't think men are complicated like women are.  He probably cares about you and wants a back up if all else fails.

Honored Contributor

I would say DON'T but because you have talked about this on the boards it seems like you have already made up your mind and looking for approval. You ain't gettin it from me.

Occasional Contributor

My suggestion is RUN FOR THE HILLS!!  This guy is obviously out for himself.  He enjoyed the little fling and now he's missing all the love and support he was getting at home.  If you take him back, it will likely be a shorter time this time before he cheats than it was last time.  It is my experience that people rarely change without serious therapy.  DON"T TRUST HIM!!  Think about it: who has the most to lose--- you or him?

Super Contributor

Are you serious, qvc chick...... are you serious?!

Frequent Contributor

Sure go ahead if you want to. Go back to him but just keep in mind that going back to your ex is like having a shower and putting your dirty underwear back on. Go for it!
Honored Contributor

I've run across his type.  Always looking elsewhere while being in the present.  Sort of a 'wanderer'.   Wandering here, then after a while, thoughts wandering there.  It's a personality type, IMO.  Sort of an attention deficit disorder, relationship-wise.  Difficult to focus on just one person for a long period of time.  Just looking back, recalling various situations, friends' situations, etc., etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

If he cheated once he may do it again. I would not remarry him but if you want to date him go ahead.  I would not live with him taking care of him & cooking for him.  You have to think of yourself first.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@qvc chick

Nononononononooooooooooooooooo

Think more of yourself

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~