Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I always use mine because my car has something on it that has all kinds of alarms if I try to change lanes and someone is in the next lane.  It will jerk me back.

I have two cats.  They keep ME sane...well, they do their best.

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I always use mine because my car has something on it that has all kinds of alarms if I try to change lanes and someone is in the next lane.  It will jerk me back.

I have two cats.  They keep ME sane...well, they do their best.

@Annabellethecat66 I got rid of my 2013 camry to get all the safety features on my new 2017 camry.  I love the back up light camera and alarm.  Toyota didn't have the alarm feature on the backup camera on the 2013.  Now when the DC area idiots race past me when I'm 90 percent out of a parking space an alarm goes off.  Best feature of all on that car along with the side mirror that lights up when there's somebody in my blind spot.  Cars should of had that a long time ago.  

I love the back up camera on my car too, it's really a wondrful addtion and I'd would not like to be without now

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

We recently test drove a Volvo XC90.  It has Pilot Assist option that helps the driver to drive the car between the road lane whilst at the same time maintaining a preselected time interval to the preceding vehicle. ... Pilot Assist scans the preceding vehicle and the lane markings with the camera and radar unit.  So it steers and brakes for you out on the highway.  The engineering is so automated that won't let you activiate if it cannot sense the lane markings.

It is a strange feeling.  My husband got so apprehensive when we were coming up behind a car at a stop light that he applied the brake instead of letting the car do it.  The dealer kept telling him don't apply the brake.

You do have to activate the Pilot Assist.  Probably we could get accustomed to it when driving the interstates, but using it in regular day to day driving we would be nervous wrecks.

I wouldn't like that at all...I would never activate that feature.

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 I've always needed more than just the backup beepers installed so I decided to add even more (I did that also on the Toyota mini-van I'd previously owned).  I always (kinda) laugh and say people's lives have been saved by those back-up beepers.  With all of the beepers it drives my daughter crazy when she drives it so she cuts some of the off.  Not me!  I'm glad to have it!  I have more trouble with people walking behind me even when I'm 1/2 way out of the parking space....it's as if they WANT me to hit them!

I live in Va and am proud to say that as a person who's lived in Va for a long time I STILL have NEVER driven in DC...Ha!  Many of my friends say the same thing.  We've been able to avoid it.  If you drive in DC other's here have no idea on how amazing that is for it is one of the most difficult (except for NY) to drive.

When my other Acura was hit a few years ago (rear-ended) it pushed the back to the front (over $19,000) was put back into it from the insurance company!  They really hold their value....go figure!  But the repair company had one heck of a time calibrating the back-up sensors that had been added.  They are calibrated exactly and if not they don't work right!

Esteemed Contributor

"Why should I use my turn signal.  I turn left here at 5:20 every afternoon!"

Esteemed Contributor

In my area, I think blinkers are optional at time of purchase. No one seems to use them, but geez let's stop in this lane and cut over 2 more to turn. Also, running red lights is a favorite pass time.

Honored Contributor

@riley1  we must live in the same place. I rarely drive - but my DH had surgery this past week (he's doing very well) and I drove a lot back & forth to the hospital. After a week of this I can now understand why he always is complaining about the drivers here.

Honored Contributor

The passing of the month of March will really decrease the traffic in my small town. We are a beach town and we have many many snowbirds. Many of them rent Jan, Feb & Mar so they had to leave yesterday. YEAH. We will now be able to get into restaurants, drive sanely, get haircut and doctor's appt. All the things that are so brutal in the season. I think April is my favorite month in Florida. I noticed today at the grocery store it was very quiet.

Esteemed Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

turn signal.jpg

Love it, @pattypeep!