Trusted Contributor

Does anybody watch Judge Judy just to watch ...

... her get mad at the Litigants ?  One of my girlfriends are I are waiting for the gavel top to fly off when she starts banging among other 'attributes'.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Does anybody watch Judge Judy just to watch ...

She can be one nasty lady.  I can't watch her.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to watch Judge Judy but she has become too mean. She seems to dismiss most cases, giving litigants nothing. Many lawyers and judges have criticized her for poor decisions, and that her legal arguments are often incorrect. I stopped watching.

Honored Contributor

I can't watch her.    It seems like her scolding is done for the camera ...,. and not for the case.    I also found it sad to see such pathetic people.   Ugh.   Just not my idea of entertainment.

Honored Contributor

@sktchy

I love to watch Judge Judy.....I work from home a lot and love her show..... She speaks her mind and tells it like it is and isn't PC...... She really makes people think about the decisions they make in life ......the con artists and liars don't stand a chance with her.  Woman Very Happy

I also like Judge Milan of the People's Court....she is a bit more diplomatic but sometimes she can be tough too....

The rest of the court shows are more like Jerry Springer Show but at a court house I don't watch those.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I used to watch Judge Judy but she has become too mean. She seems to dismiss most cases, giving litigants nothing. Many lawyers and judges have criticized her for poor decisions, and that her legal arguments are often incorrect. I stopped watching.

@Vivian

A lot of cases she dismisses are because the people talked over her, or the plaintiff won't accept responsibility for their actions which contributed to the situation, she doesn't accept written statements or heresay, or people come with no documents to support their case......And she doesn't like frivolous lawsuits either..."my father didn't send me to law school to return $5 for the broom your landlord threw away, get to major property..." 

And I can't believe how many people lack common sense....if you buy a used car you should take it to a mechanic BEFORE you buy it.....not afterwards .....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I don't like her.  She never gives anyone a chance to explain.  And then when they try, she tells them to shut up.  She needs to retire that gavel.

Honored Contributor

I have not watched her for a while. I really like her. She tells them like it is. If it does not make sense it's not true. She was on Larry King one night & a caller asked her if she felt bad for calling them morons & she said no because they are. LOL!!! ITA with her!!!

Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

I don't like her.  She never gives anyone a chance to explain.  And then when they try, she tells them to shut up.  She needs to retire that gavel.

@makena

A lot of the time she is trying to cut through the BS and get the essential facts of the case!

Respected Contributor

I think a lot of it's for show and for ratings.  I saw her in an interview once, and she seems quite normal and friendly.  The judge I really love is Judge Marilyn on the People's Court.  I want to hang out with that lady!

Laura loves cats!