Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Ever Worry About A Poster? I'm Worried About Apple Head.

Yes, I am often concerned about a poster's well being. I will admit my concern deals more with posters where I know more about their history. 

Many times it is their personal welfare/that of their family, which includes those with fur. There are many here that have been through some very rough times, some that seem to never end for them. Unfortunately there are those, that for no reason of their own, seem to be struck with one rough time after another.

I can almost realistically feel their pain because of my own personal experiences with my wife's very serious physical health issues/our sick furry kids we have had to send "over the bridge", and my own battles with deadly physical and mental health issues.

I do remember the post by Apple Head about her job, but did nit see one where she was thinking/planning on harming herself. I hope she has sought out professional help because anyone thinking, much less planning to harm themselves, can be a danger to themselves, and at times to others.

Maybe someone here knows how to contact her and let us know how she is doing. 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Although I do understand the posters who feel  manipulated, I feel a little kindness goes a long way.  Yes, life is hard.  Don't we all know that one way or another.  But that doesn't excuse us from empathy or a little understanding when someone is experiencing a tough time.  I have two very good friends going through some tough times right now.  One of them is suffering from circumstances beyond her control.  The other made some reckless financial decisions years ago, and is now in a very bad way as a result.  Would I say, see?!!  look at your poor decisions!  Of course not!!!!  I hope to be a good friend to both of these ladies and try to put myself in their shoes as best as I can.

Regarding @ Apple Head---count me in as someone who hopes she posts again, and that whatever decision she has made has given her a new outlook and some peace.

Trusted Contributor

I saw someone post today with the nic Apple1964.

Did she not use that nic before? Maybe she changed her name.

Honored Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

Yes, I believe that is one of her nics.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

"One of her nics.." Do we know for sure it is her?

Respected Contributor

@CouponQueen wrote:

"One of her nics.." Do we know for sure it is her?

Apple1964 is alive and well judging from her posts.

Honored Contributor

I do not think they are the same poster.   

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@flickerbulb wrote:

Yes, I believe that is one of her nics.

That is not Apple Head.   Apple1964 mentions "her husband" in a post and Apple Head who posted here was alone from what she would write.

People come to the posts for many reasons.  I think it's unkind to make fun of her or anyone who maybe needed to reach out and share and even vent because they have nowhere else to go.    

Just like some of you can criticize her and others because it's anonymous, perhaps she was doing the same because she was afraid to say it anywhere else.  I  lost a friend to suicide.  None of us knew she was hurting that way.   I wish she had warned us.

My prayers to her and anyone going through tough times. Hope some of us can be a comfort.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

n/m

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]