Honored Contributor

Re: Do I have BAD Manners?

[ Edited ]

It's strange that it took 4 times, for her to give it to you. When I ask a friend for their address they give  it to me, and don't ask questions.

@RinaRina

Honored Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@gmkb wrote:

I would be grateful that someone was kind enough to provide all these things.  Nagging her for an address is not showing gratitude.

That may be true, but how to send a Thank You note or card, but then is an email sufficient?

@jackthebear I do understand the point you are making.  Under the circumstances 4 emails will have to be sufficient I guess.

agree

another odd Qboard situation :-)

Respected Contributor

Re: Do I have BAD Manners?

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

You call her a friend, but don't know her address or where she lives?

Sorry! I was trying to keep the original post as brief as possible and failed to mention, I had her address.  I've had it for years, but lost it. (or it might be in my house .. somewhere.  But, gimme a break.  I just had a knee replacement.  I'm not gonna rummage thru my house looking for an old address book after having had a total knee replacement.)

She was probably offended when I told her I didn't have her address, but heck!  I'm not so organized when it comes to things like that.  I don't keep "addresses" because I know where people live.  If I drive to someone's house, I know how to get there.  I don't refer to an address book.  

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Your friend was being kind. Say Thank You and leave it at that.

She didn't say she would buy you stuff and wanted to be paid back. She was being generous, she offered, leave it alone.

Valued Contributor

Sounds really quirky to me.  These days it's pretty hard to fly under the radar.  If you can keep your e-mail or cell phone number private, you're doing pretty good.  Perhaps this person's real concern is that if she gives you her address you may stop by her house and there is a reason she doesn't want that.

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

You call her a friend, but don't know her address or where she lives?

Sorry! I was trying to keep the post as brief as possible and failed to mention, I had her address.  I've had it for years, but lost it. (or it might be in my house somewhere)

She was probably offended when I told her I didn't have her address, but heck!  I'm not so organized when it comes to things like that.  I don't keep "addresses" because I know where people live.  If I drive to someone's house, I know how to get there.  I don't refer to an address book.  

This is normal to misplace people's home addresses these days (Hardly, anyone writes letters etc.).  You are being too hard on yourself.   

Respected Contributor

If you were friends, why would you not know her address and why would you ask for it?  If you simply wanted to thank her then an email would have been enough since she obviously does not want to give out her address. 

Don't get why you think you have bad manners.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

Here is my take on this, you have a great friend, thank her by sending her a card,and take her out to eat.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Okay, first off, not everybody does stuff for others for the "thank-you".  

Some do it out of the kindness of their heart, and don't want the thank-you.

I just would have said "Thank-you" in the first e-mail, and just let it go after that.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Here is my take on this, you have a great friend, thank her by sending her a card,and take her out to eat.

Good answer! I would also email her and (if she doesn't want a lunch date)  offer to make a donation in her name to her favorite charity.I think your friend is just following what the Bible says about giving....(King James) "That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly". You have a real friend...be thankful!