Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Yes I pay it forward but prefer to keep it to myself. I tend not to "toot my own horn". I'm just not the bragging type. 

I agree.

Image result for pat self on back

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

Re: Did You Ever "Pay It Forward"???

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

@jackthebear the posters are not bragging, they are sharing. I think this thread is wonderful and I hope people like you stay away and don't try to turn it negative.

Woman HappyHeart

I totally agree.  I try to do good when and wherever I can. I don't usually talk about it, as I personally think that, the most important person already knows and more importantly, he knows what's in my heart and my motivations. That being said, I don't see anything wrong with sharing a good and kind work with others. I think @makena did a good thing and this is a wonderful(not negative thread). After all, remember, "if one's hand is not open to give, nor will it be open to receive."Smiley Happy

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Highlighted
Contributor

Just this past weekend my husband and I stopped into a cafe to pick up a couple pies for a visit with friends.  We were behind a guy and we chatted briefly because him and I had gotten the last two banana cream pies.  My husband and I talked while the guy paid for his pies.  The cashier bagged our pies  and told us this guy had already paid for them ($40).  It was so unexpected and so very nice of him.  My husband tried to find him to thank him but he was nowhere to be found.  We occasionally will pay for someone's dinner, older people and cops/servicemen.  Not often, but it always makes me feel better about the day. 

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

just curious.....did he know you were going to pick up the tab before ordering or after---if you ever want to pay it forwad again, you could donate a certain amount.  

No, he didn't know.  He had already ordered and was right behind me waiting to pay.

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@makena I, for one, think that was really, really nice of you. The fact that it was $28 makes it particularly nice! I'm sure you made his day!!! You sound like a really nice person---and I hope you've recovered from your bad day at work. You should never regret being generous -if it's coming from the heart. Cheers to you!

Thank you.  I don't regret it.  If it made him happy and I was able to brighten his day, then I'm good with that.  It was just unexpected.

Respected Contributor

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

@jackthebear the posters are not bragging, they are sharing. I think this thread is wonderful and I hope people like you stay away and don't try to turn it negative.

Woman HappyHeart

@happygolfcartrider you're a very understanding person.  Thank you Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Now that I heard about your $28 tab, I'll never do that type of thing.  No, I've done it and no one has ever done it for me.  I'm all for doing something nice for someone but I'd rather give it to someone who actually needs it.   

You can always choose to pay a certain amount rather than the whole tab.  And who knows, this might be the one treat he can give his family this year.

@CalminHeart so true.  I thought about that.

Respected Contributor

@Starpolisher  thanks for the positive remark.  You, also, a very understanding and able to look at the positive.

Honored Contributor

A random act of kindness is a nonpremeditated, inconsistent action designed to offer kindness towards the outside world. The phrase "practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty" was written by Anne Herbert on a placemat in Sausalito, California in 1982.

.....yes, i have done this before....

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Thanks to all for some good ideas and ways to give to others.  I appreciate the positivity.  The couple of negative comments were way off base, but my heart goes out to them and hope they can make a change in the way they look at things. 

Have a happy day!