Honored Contributor

December Back Fence - Season's Greetings

Welcome Friends and Visitors to the Back Fence

I dragged out the little giant ladder and have some ornaments for the big ole' tree.

Anyone have any garland or decor to add?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: December Back Fence - Season's Greetings

Yock wrote, at ‎12-01-2015 09:42 AM

I believe California must have every weather situation imaginable.   Just don't know what youll get when or where.    

Bernie, Merle talked to his brother and it's hard to piece it together.  Sounds like they want him to go to Indianapolis for some kind of a reaming out procedure but he doesn't think he'll do it.  he takes Coumadin and Was being monitored every day.  I'd say his arteries were getting pretty clogged.  They're a stubborn bunch so am hoping his sons stay on top of it.  He has a daughter who is or was a LPN but she has lots of problems.   Nelson is 85.   I remember that this was about the age Merle's mother had a pacemaker installed.  He asked Merle what he was taking and he told him Advil. I said he wanted to know what you were taking for your heart.  Oh he says. I don't know.    

Just got word my son In laws sister died.  She lived in Chicago.   Their mother is in assisted living here.  Don't know what kind of service they'll have.  I'm guessing it will be very private.  

Honored Contributor

HouseCat wrote at 9:00 am:

Good morning, ladies.

It's a treat hearing what all of you are up to in different parts of the country. We are currently dealing with frigid temps - it was 65 yesterday! Yikes!

But seriously, the nights have been near freezing here. We've been running the heat, if you can believe that. It seems these houses were built without insulation.

@Winifred

I'm sure going to miss Kobe, but it's been sad watching him struggle the last couple of years. I know he's a bazillionaire and doesn't warrant sympathy - I'm looking forward to seeing where he'll pop up next.

@Bird mama

You should see what happens here when it rains, or God forbid, SNOWS!  No one knows how to drive in the bad weather. There are kids on the road who've been driving for two or three years and have never driven in the rain. The roads become treacherous, due to the oil build up and then the rain on top of it.  The minute it starts raining, the wrecks begin.  My DH has a sporty car, like yours, and it's nearly undriveable in the bad weather.

Honored Contributor

Our weather has been kinda crazy but I'm not complaining as the temps are way above what they should be.  It was 70 here on Thanksgiving!  Since then highs in the 50s lows in the 40 to mid 30s.  Yes it's cold in our house so I kick on the heat late afternoon/eve too.  I already have way too many quilts/comforters on the bed.  Hubby is COLD, I'm tossing my side of the quilt onto him. 

This morning we went to a Dr appt for him.  Poor thing suffers on/off with diarrhea (hey - you asked!!!! LOL).  Been going on for 2 wks now.  With his prior yrs of cancer we tend to go to the dark side of imagining what's up now but we have a GREAT PCP and we three are really thinking it's not that serious.  Yes it can be but not dark side serious.  We're/I'm praying not anyway.  Dropped off samples for analysis.  Praying for the best of course.

Watching reruns of NCIS LA until GH comes on in 20 minutes.

Hope everyone had great turkey days - we did for sure.

@qualitygal  That peanut butter cheesecake hubby made is MmMmGood!  Still have lots of it leftover if you still want a slice!

Respected Contributor

I've never been here before, but had such a wonderful week I thought I would share with all of you.  My oldest granddaughter and her husband came in for a visit with my precious little great grandson, now 8 months old. The first time I've had a chance to get my hands on that delicious, chubby little person.  He has the bluest eyes I have ever seen on a human being!.  His blonde hair is beginning to curl, and when the sun hits his hair there's still a chance he may end up with his Dad's auburn waves. We would all love that - lots of Irish in all of us, including his special Dad. Rolls of chubby, such soft skin and wonderful baby smells. He's pulling up to everything, and can say DaDa, MaMa and NaNa for me. Everything else gets a Woo Woo.   We had such a great visit - so many hugs and laughs and so much love.  And an early Christmas for us to share together. They had to return home this morning.  I miss them sooo already.  But it was the most wonderful visit!

I wish for all of you the same joys this holiday season. Hugs, kisses, laughs and lots of love!

Honored Contributor

@yock

Betty, we all know I can't stand most doctors, lol.  If I was Nelson's age, I would probably just leave it in God's hands too.   God Bless Merle, he sounds like such a sweetheart.  I am really sorry that your son in law's sister died.  I know that loved ones pass at all times of the year but when it happens at this time of the year, it seems even worse.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat

We have to worry about slip sliding over oil here too, especially if the rain starts at rush hour.  If the rain starts at night, most folks have a better chance of controlling their vehicles.  Then again, I passed 3 accidents on I-75 last night and the pavement was dry as a cork.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD

My dad had a bout of colon cancer (was not what took his life) so I can understand how any type of 'intestinal disturbance' is scary.  I will say a prayer that it was holiday food before and after that gave him the trots and that the test results are favorable.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup

Welcome to the Back Fence, feel free to visit when you have the time.  I'm glad you finally got the chance to love up your great grandson.  As a natural born 'ginger' I hope his hair turns red as he grows up.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd like to add this to your holiday decor, bernie...I might try to re-create this...

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~