and in the nest her three eggs rest,

and in each egg, Hush, you'll be heard!

There lies asleep A tiny bird.

Written by H.N. Bialik

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: December 2015 Bird's Nest - Where Bells are Ringing

I put 2 suet cakes out in the feeders early yesterday morning.  The birds ie wrens, sparrows, chickadees, at leaast 2 sizes of wood peckers have been flying, slitting, squaking, chowing.  Can't leave out the pesky squirrels who think it's okay to help themselves at the cakes too.

The robins have been back as well to begin the winter stuffing of holly berries.  Love hearing the robins chirp in the fall/winter.   

Honored Contributor

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

The bird of the day is the Siamese Fireback Pheasant

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

.Suzan Visser:

Honored Contributor

Thank you, Bernie, for our warm December roost.   I'm still stuck back in October(wishing), as this year is passing by way too fast.   I wish it was still October.  My favorite times of year seem to be here a moment and then are gone.  Today,  being the 1st day of December,  means I may have to leave home and fly to Florida before too long.   Not ready for that.  

Birds have been fed once already today.  Also put more suet cakes into the suet feeders.  I have the recycled plastic ones where the cakes can only be reached on the bottom sides.  The Chickadees and Titmice are able to get in that position, but not the piggy Grackles or Starlings.  There's other foods for those guys.  

Have a nice afternoon, Everyone. 

Honored Contributor

wren:

Respected Contributor

Good cold morning everyone. Could not find this yesterday - now that I did I have it floated to the top to make it easy for me. LOL.

Got the feeders refilled yesterday so my feathered friends are a lot happier. Only a little left in one feeder when I went to check on them - guess they are back to eating like there is no tomorrow. I suspect the unusual cold has a lot to do with it but they should be real happy now. It will not last long but that's OK, they can munch away.

Suppose to be a bit warmer later today - even this morning while it is Brrr cold, it is about 7 degrees warmer than yesterday morning - I will take it.

Enjoyed all the pictures - have a great day everyone.