Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Wednesday

Hello my friends!  Was good to be home today to get things done around the apartment.  Linda got a new kitty, just about 12 weeks old, and she (the kitten) is for her granddaughter, Anna, who lives with her Dad in an apt. that won't accept pets, so Linda will keep it here for her.  Well, the little kitty is upset with everyone now, and hid in the closet and hisses at them.  Makes Anna sad.  She is 11.  Also Linda's cat isn't happy either. I'll have to go down there sometime to see what I can do for them.  I love cats, but am happy not owning them anymore. I grew up with them on the farm. Some you can get close to, some you cannot.  I do hope this kitty works out well for Anna.  It's too bad it has a hissy fit now. It was on Anna's lap all the way home and was fine then.  It's just scared now.  My day went well and there were many blessings throughout the day!  

The choices we make will affect our lives for better or for worse. Lord, You

have given me all that I need to make wise choices. May I always take time

to listen to You. 

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change, though the
mountains shake in the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and
foam, though the mountains tremble with its tumult."  ~Psalm 46:1-3

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

We can constantly claim God's strength.  Once convinced of the right
of a course of action, once reasonably sure of God's guidance, we can
claim that strength.  We can claim all the strength we need to meet
any situation. We can claim a new supply when our own supply is
exhausted.  We have a right to claim it and we can use this right.  A
beggar supplicates, a son appropriates.  When we supplicate, we can be
kept waiting, but when we appropriate God's strength in a good cause,
we can have it at once.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I pray that I may claim God's strength whenever I need it.  I pray
that I may try to live as a child of God.

a.. Showing kindness to an aged person.

b.. Destroying a letter written in anger.

c.. Offering an apology that will save a friendship.

d.. Stopping a scandal that was ruining a reputation.

e.. Helping a boy or girl find themselves.

f.. Taking time to show consideration to parents, friends, 
brothers and sisters.

g.. Refraining from gossip when others around you delight in it.

h.. Refusing to do a thing which is wrong, although others do it.

i.. Living according to your convictions.

j.. Accepting the judgment of God on any question.

THE SECRET INGREDIENT 
Contributed by Marion Smith 

For years I have had a saying which I tell my family. Whenever they 
compliment my cooking, sewing abilities , gardening skills or 
thoughtful deeds, I always say, "well, you know it is special because 
it was made (or done) with love." This is true- the special added 
secret ingredient to make anything more exceptional is to add an extra dash of love to it.We should remember to say a quick prayer for the recipient, a prayer of thanks for God given talents or praise to the Lord for the desire to do this special thing . Counting our blessings never hurts! 

Likewise, our loving heavenly Father has added this "special ingredient" when He made you and when He made me. He made us in His likeness, with a special measure of love. It never ceases to amaze me that the God of the universe- the One who created everything has added this beautiful "secret ingredient" into the lives of His children. How blessed we are! Let's remember to thank Him today!

Old Mrs. Watkins awoke one spring morning to find that the river 
had flooded the entire first floor of her house. Looking out of 
her window, she saw that the water was still rising. 

Two men passing by on a rowboat shouted up an invitation to row 
to safety with them. "No, thank you," Mrs. Watkins replied. "The 
Lord will provide." The men shrugged and rowed on. 

By evening, the water level forced Mrs. Watkins to climb on top 
of the roof for safety. She was spotted by a man in a motorboat, 
who offered to pick her up. "Don't trouble yourself," she told 
him. "The Lord will provide." 

Pretty soon, Mrs. Watkins had to seek refuge atop the chimney. 
When a Red Cross cutter came by on patrol, she waved it on, shouting, 
"The Lord will provide." So the boat left, the water rose, and 
the old woman drowned. 

Dripping wet and thoroughly annoyed, she came through the pearly 
gates and demanded to speak to God. "What happened?" she cried. 
"What else did you want me to do," God said. "I sent three boats."

Author Unknown

Grandparent's Prayer

Good Saint Ann and Saint Joachim, parents of Mary and grandparents to Jesus, be with me and all grandparents that we may be wise and loving, may share our time and stories and sense of humor, and may enjoy and not spoil too much the grandchildren who are close to our hearts, for they are the sign of God's life to us. 

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, be with our grandchildren and all other grandchildren that they may love and respect their grandparents and all older people, may remember to call, visit or write, and grow in wisdom, age and grace before God. Amen.

Sts. Ann & Joachim - Feast Day July 26

Dear Jesus, Saints Joachim and Ann dedicated their precious daughter Mary to the service of the Temple when she was three years old, preparing the way for her to become Your Blessed Mother. Since they are Your grandparents, I ask them to intercede for the needs of the grandparents in my family: those who have died and might still be in Purgatory, pray for their purification and entrance into the fullness of Heaven; those who are still on earth, pray for them to grow in faith. O Lord, forgive the sin of past generations and heal us by replacing the chains of bondage to sin with the bonds of love. Saints Joachim and Ann, pray for us. Amen.

July 26 -  Jesus Calling

Relax and let Me lead you through this day. I have everything under control: My control. You tend to peer anxiously into the day that is before you, trying to figure out what to do, and when. Meanwhile, the phone or the doorbell rings, and you have to reshuffle your plans. All that planning ties you up in knots and distracts you from Me. Attentiveness to Me is not only for your quiet time, but for all your time. As you look to Me, I show you what to do now and next.

Vast quantities of time and energy are wasted in obsessive planning. When you let Me direct your steps, you are set free to enjoy Me and to find what I have prepared for you this day.

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.
—Psalm 32:8

Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight.
—Psalm 119:35

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
—Psalm 143:8

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Wednesday

Thank you for the thread!  There is a jewelry designer, Holly Lane who crafts in silver and she is a Christian artist and one ring I have is designed around your first piece, God is my refuge...   Love her work and I wear this ring daily for strength.  

Gloriajean, cats are sensitive for sure.  This little one just needs time and to slowly get to know the other kitty and the humans. All will be fine, I am sure.

Have a blessed day ladies. Back to the museum today and then off for 2 days and really cannot wait. I love the museum but i am tired for sure.  The drive gets me, 40-50 minutes depending on traffic.  I sometimes question why I do this for $10 an hour but you know, I meet and work with amazing people and the work feeds my soul.  Someday, I will have jobs where i do not commute. My school job is a 30 minute commute.  But, I am thankful I have 2 jobs I love!

Many blessings ladies and peace.

Peace, Nancy

Honored Contributor

To all who post and read,

Trusted Contributor

Hi Gloria, I'm sure everthing will work out fine for Darla, with the help of the good Lord.

Meallen, thank you for all the beautiful pictures.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies -- wonderful scripture today.  I am a planner, so this one makes me stop and think.

Thank you gloria - hope all is progressing with Darla and the babies.  Enjoy!!

Nancy - to have 2 jobs you love is special.  Commutes may be a minus, but the pluses outweigh that for sure.  Enjoy some downtime, after a wonderful week at the museum.

Beautiful picture as always - thank you.

Paperwork today, best get after it.

Have a wonderful day all - prayer of strength for those that need.

Super Contributor

Thank you 3suwm5!  Very fortunate to have 2 jobs I love.  Busy today, 3 tours in 3 hours we were swamped but so fun.  Now, a few days for me and my kitties and back to work Saturday.

Enjoy the day!

Nancy 

Esteemed Contributor

Nancy - That sounds like a great ring!  I have one, too, that I never take off, other than my Wedding rings, and that is the Miraculous Medal ring, got it from the Q, recommended by Harlene, and I had Father Jerry bless. it. Thanks to Harlene, I never would have known about it. She even gave me the item number. You sure do have a long commute to the museum and school. But drive safely, and may God be with you on the high ways. Well, my husband drives about 25 minutes to work so that's about as far as your school and he loves his job, too.  The kitty is doing fine, no more hissing, but she sure is a cry baby!  She misses her Mommy and brothers and sisters. She is so tiny.  She goes to the litter box well and that's a good thing. I saw her tonight. So cute, black with white paws.

Esteemed Contributor

meallen - hope your day was blessed as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Harlene - I'm sure too that everything will work out well for Darla, she saw the doctor today, at least she is still under his care.

Esteemed Contributor

3suwm5 - I am a planner too, but sometimes God has His own plans and surprises me!!  May His Will be done, not mine, His is the best way.