Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Tuesday

Hello my friends!  We are having snow and sleet tonight - praying for Linus to have a safe trip home again from work after 8. It could be very icy. Thanks be to God that there are snowplows to plow the roads.  I can't even imagine how it was those horse and buggy days!  And instead of buggies sometimes they used sleighs, my father in law did, my husband remembers.  My husband is happy that he doesn't have to plow snow anymore since we're in the apartment.  Darla had a doctor's appt. today to find out if she's with child,  just had blood work done, today.  Was told if she is, she has a 60% chance of miscarriage because of her age and health issues, she's 41.  So we pray, and we pray and we pray some more.

Do the ordinary things in your life well because they are your preparation
for what is yet to come. Lord, You slowly teach all that I need to know.
May I never be a complaining student. 

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

"We do not boast beyond limits, that is, in the labors of others; but
our hope is that, as your faith increases, our sphere of action among
you may be greatly enlarged, so that we may proclaim the good news in
lands beyond you, without boasting of work already done in someone
else's sphere of action.  'Let the one who boasts, boast in the
Lord.'"  ~2 Corinthians 
10:15-17

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I can pray daily for faith, for it is God's gift.  On faith alone
depends the answer to my prayers.  God gives it to me in response to
my prayers, because it is a necessary weapon for me to possess for the
overcoming of all adverse conditions and the accomplishment of all
good in my life.  Therefore, I will work at strengthening my faith.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I pray that I may so think and live as to feed my faith in God.  I
pray that my faith may grow because with faith, I can better use God's
power.

Advent Liturgical Prayer

Come, long-expected Jesus. Excite in me a wonder at the wisdom and power of Your Father and ours. Receive my prayer as part of my service of the Lord who enlists me in God's own work for justice. 

Come, long-expected Jesus. Excite in me a hunger for peace: peace in the world, peace in my home, peace in myself. 

Come, long-expected Jesus. Excite in me a joy responsive to the Father's joy. I seek His will so I can serve with gladness, singing and love. 

Come, long-expected Jesus. Excite in me the joy and love and peace it is right to bring to the manger of my Lord. Raise in me, too, sober reverence for the God who acted there, hearty gratitude for the life begun there, and spirited resolution to serve the Father and Son. 

I pray in the name of Jesus Christ, whose advent I hail. Amen.

Never Lose Hope

If you can look at the sunset and smile, then you still have hope.

If you can find beauty in the colors of a small flower, then you still have hope.

If you can find pleasure in the movement of a butterfly, then you still have hope.

If the smile of a child can still warm your heart, then you still have hope.

If you can see the good in other people, then you still have hope.

If the rain breaking on a roof top can still lull you to sleep, then you still have hope.

If the sight of a rainbow still makes you stop and stare in wonder, then you still have hope.

If the soft fur of a favored pet still feels pleasant under your fingertips, then you still have hope.

If you meet new people with a trace of excitement and optimism, then you still have hope.

If you give people the benefit of a doubt, then you still have hope.

If you still offer your hand in friendship to others that have touched your life, then you still have hope.

If receiving an unexpected card or letter still brings a pleasant surprise, then you still have hope.

If the suffering of others still fills you with pain and frustration, then you still have hope.

If you refuse to let a friendship die, or accept that it must end, then you still have hope.

If you look forward to a time or place of quiet and reflection, then you still have hope.

If you still buy the ornaments, put up the Christmas tree or cook the turkey, then you still have hope.

If you still watch love stories or want the endings to be happy, then you still have hope.

If you can look to the past and smile, then you still have hope.

If, when faced with the bad, when told everything is futile, you can still look up and end the conversation with the phrase...."yeah....BUT.." then you still have hope.

Hope is such a marvelous thing. It bends, it twists, it sometimes hides, but rarely does it break. It sustains us when nothing else can. It gives us reason to continue and courage to move ahead, when we tell ourselves we'd rather give in.

Hope puts a smile on our face when the heart cannot manage.

Hope puts our feet on the path when our eyes cannot see it.

Hope moves us to act when our souls are confused of the direction.

Hope is a wonderful thing, something to be cherished and nurtured, and something that will refresh us in return. And it can be found in each of us, and it can bring light into the darkest of places.

NEVER LOSE HOPE!

Author Unknown

SIX YEAR OLD'S PRAYER
Author Unknown

Last week I took my children to a restaurant. My six-year-old son had
asked if he could say grace. As we bowed our heads he said, "God is
good. God is great. Thank you for the food, and I would even thank you
more if Mom gets us ice cream for dessert. And Liberty and justice for
all, amen."

Along with the laughter from the other customers nearby, I heard a
woman remark, "That's what's wrong with this country. Kids today don't
even know how to pray. Asking God for ice-cream. Why, I never."

Hearing this, my son burst into tears and asked me, "Did I do it
wrong? Is God mad at me?"

As I held him and assured him that he had done a terrific job and God
was certainly not mad at him.

An elderly gentleman approached the table. He winked at my son and
said, "I happen to know that God thought that was a great prayer."

"Really?", my son asked. Then in a theatrical whisper he added
(indicating the woman whose remark had started this whole thing), "Too
bad she never asks God for ice cream. A little ice cream is good for
the soul sometimes."

Naturally, I bought my kids ice cream at the end of the meal. My son
stared at his for a moment and then did something I will remember the
rest of my life.

He picked up his sundae and without a word walked over and placed it
in front of the woman. With a big smile he told her, "Here, this is
for you. Ice cream is good for the soul sometimes, and my soul is good
already."

Change Your Life by Fasting

Fast from SELF PITY,
and FEAST ON JOY!!
Fast from RESENTMENT,
and FEAST ON CONTENTMENT!!
Fast from JEALOUSY,
and FEAST ON LOVE!!
Fast from PRIDE,
and FEAST ON HUMILITY!!
Fast from SELFISHNESS,
and FEAST ON SERVICE!!
Fast from FEAR,
and FEAST ON FAITH!!ISAIAH 58:6-8;
JOEL 2:12-17
Feast Day of St. Andrew

St. Andrew, Apostle

Lord Jesus, Saint Andrew was the first Apostle. He enthusiastically led other people to You, starting with his brother, Saint Peter. Saint John Chrysostom said in a homily about these saints, "To support one another in the things of the spirit is the true sign of good will between brothers, loving kinship and sincere affection." I ask Saint Andrew to pray for my relationships with family members. Jesus, You came to divide us from our families if they do not follow You. Bring conversion to the hearts of disbelieving loved ones so that we may become united in the Faith and bonded in our love for You. Saint Andrew, pray for us. Amen.

November 30 - Jesus Calling

Problems are part of life. They are inescapable: woven into the very fabric of this fallen world. You tend to go into problem-solving mode all too readily, acting as if you have the capacity to fix everything. This is a habitual response, so automatic that it bypasses your conscious thinking. Not only does this habit frustrate you, it also distances you from Me.

Do not let fixing things be your top priority. You are ever so limited in your capacity to correct all that is wrong in the world around you. Don’t weigh yourself down with responsibilities that are not your own. Instead, make your relationship with Me your primary concern. Talk with Me about whatever is on your mind, seeking My perspective on the situation. Rather than trying to fix everything that comes to your attention, ask Me to show you what is truly important. Remember that you are en route to heaven, and let your problems fade in the Light of eternity.

He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.
—Psalm 32:8

“Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”
—Luke 10:41–42

But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
—Philippians 3:20–21

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Tuesday

oh my goodness. All this jumping around with these pages as they load. Getting on my nerves!

It seems I do better trying to post in the evening instead of morning, not so hectic or noisy. LOL. 

Gloria, Darla is in my prayers. If she is expecting, we will just cover her and her baby in prayer. Lots of older women carry children successfully. 

Sorry about the ice and snow. Y'all stay safe and warm. 

Peace and blessings to all. 

Be still, and know.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lucy!! Just got a text that she is.  Saying it here so that many will pray for her to have a safe pregnancy, was told because of her age she could miscarry. So we pray.  Also she has a bad back. She can't take anymore sleeping pills, so I pray she can sleep without.  It was so nice to come back here and see you here!!! Nights are nice too to post!!  Love having you back here!

Trusted Contributor

Gloria praying for Linus to have a safe trip home in the snow.

Praying for Darla for a safe and healthy pregnancy.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, Harlene, so much!!! Prayers are needed and appreciated!!  

Esteemed Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gloria:  I responded to your email but I wanted to post for the others here that

Saint Gerard Majella is the patron saint of expectant women.  There are several prayers to him online.

Think of it this way - Darla still has a 40% chance of NOT miscarrying so let's stay with those stats because stats fluctuate depending upon who puts them out there.   Try to focus on the positive and put those numbers aside as they just cause more stress.

Sending blessings to all.Heart

edited for typos - darn!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the nice graphics, LIG!  Very Christmassy!