Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Saturday

Hello my friends! I was at Darla's all day - it was nice but was I ever tired!  Darla is feeling worse, more sore - she is bleeding from the uterus, her ultrasound showed stuff in there, that has to come out, if it doesn't come out this way, by Wednesday when she has another ultrasound, she gets her D & C.  Hope she gets on the mend soon.  The twins are 20 1/2 inches long already!

I put them in their swing today, and took a picture. It's in my phone, I have to send it to my email to put on here. Maybe tomorrow.  Tomorrow we will celebrate Greg's birthday at their house.  Pizza and Ice cream cake he wants.

Today let me find simple ways to bring joy to others. Lord, when I feel
that I have nothing to give, give me the confidence to believe in myself
so that I can touch the hearts of those around me.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens,
and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me;
for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your
souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." ~Matthew 11:28-30

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I can have faith, no matter what may come my way.  I can be patient,
even in the midst of troubles.  I need not fear the strain of life,
because I believe that God knows how much I can bear and will be there
to help me.  I can look to the future with confidence.  I know that
God will not ask me to bear anything that could overcome or destroy
me.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y

I pray that I may put this day in the hands of God  I pray for faith,
so that nothing will upset me or weaken my determination to live in
God's way.

The Old Man and the Sea
After a few of the usual Sunday evening hymns, the church's pastor once again slowly stood up, walked over to the pulpit, and gave a very brief introduction of his childhood friend. With that, an elderly man stepped up to the pulpit to speak, "A father, his son, and a friend of his son were sailing off the Pacific Coast," he began, "when a fast approaching storm blocked any attempt to get back to shore. The waves were so high, that even though the father was an experienced sailor, he could not keep the boat upright, and the three were swept into the ocean."

The old man hesitated for a moment, making eye contact with two teenagers who were, for the first time since the service began, looking somewhat interested in his story. He continued, "Grabbing a rescue line, the father had to make the most excruciating decision of his life....to which boy he would throw the other end of the line. He only had seconds to make the decision.

The father knew that his son was a Christian, and he also knew that his son's friend was not. The agony of his decision could not be matched by the torrent of waves. As the father yelled out, 'I love you, son!' he threw the line to his son's friend. By the time he pulled the friend back to the capsized boat, his son had disappeared beyond the raging swells into the black of night. His body was never recovered."

By this time, the two teenagers were sitting straighter in the pew, waiting for the next words to come out of the old man's mouth. "The father," he continued, "knew his son would step into eternity with Jesus, and he could not bear the thought of his son's friend stepping into an eternity without Jesus. Therefore, he sacrificed his son. How great is the love of God that He should do the same for us." With that, the old man turned and sat back down in his chair as silence filled the room.

Within minutes after the service ended, the two teenagers were at the old man's side. "That was a nice story," politely started one of the boys, "but I don't think it was very realistic for a father to give up his son's life in hopes that the other boy would become a Christian."

"Well, you've got a point there," the old man replied, glancing down at his worn Bible. A big smile broadened his narrow face, and he once again looked up at the boys and said, "It sure isn't very realistic, is it? But I'm standing here today to tell you that THAT story gives me a glimpse of what it must have been like for God to give up His Son for me."

"You see.... I was the son's friend."

To: YOU
Date: TODAY
Subject: YOURSELF
Reference: LIFE

This is God. Today I will be handling All of your problems for you. I
do Not need your help. So, have a nice day.

I love you.. And, remember... If life happens to deliver a situation
to you that you cannot handle, do Not attempt to resolve it yourself! Kindly
put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. I will get to it in MY
TIME. All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours. Once the
matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it by worrying about it.
Instead, focus on all the wonderful things that are present in your life now.
Should you decide to send this to a friend; Thank you. You may have touched
their life in ways you will never know!

Now, you have a nice day.

God

A Prayer 

Lord, God above 
You who are love 
You make me feel like singing praise 

Lord, God of all 
Please hear my call 
Help me to learn Your loving ways 

Though each day 
From You I stray 
This I am confessing 
Yet if forgiveness I seek 
To You I speak 
And receive it with Your blessing 

Lord, King of Kings 
On high, on Angel's wings 
You chose death that I might live 

Most Holy One 
Until my days are done 
I thank You for the love You give.

JESUS IS MY EVERYTHING

HE IS MY SONG THAT I SING
HE IS THE JOY THAT A NEW DAY BRINGS

HE IS MY STRENGTH WHEN I AM WEAK
HE IS MY VOICE WHEN I SPEAK

HE IS MY FRIEND WHEN I NEED A HUG
HE IS MY LOVER, WHEN I NEED REAL LOVE

HE IS THE LAWYER WHO PLEADS MY CASE
HE IS THE ONLY RIGHTEOUS JUDGE WHO FORGIVES ME,
THEN, ALL ME SINS HE ERASES

HE IS THE DOCTOR WHO HEALS MY WOUNDS
HE IS MY REDEEMER, AND HE'S COMING BACK SOON

HE IS MY COMFORTER WHEN I'M FEELING DOWN
HE IS MY ANGEL THAT IS EVERPRESENT, ALWAYS AROUND

HE IS MY PROVIDER ALWAYS SUPPLYING WHEN I NEED HELP
HE IS MY WATER, MY BREAD, STORED UP ON THE SHELF

HE IS MY TEACHER, WHO SHOWS ME WHAT TO DO
HE IS MY ENCOURAGER, WHEN I REALLY DON'T WANT TO

HE IS THAT FIRE BURNING DEEP DOWN IN MY SOUL
HE IS MY FORTUNE-TELLER, FOR IN HIS HANDS, MY FUTURE HE HOLDS

HE IS THE REPAIRMAN WHO COMES TO FIX MY STUFF
HE IS THE EVERLASTING FATHER, WHO IS MORE THAN ENOUGH

HE IS THE PRINCE OF PEACE, YES A PEACEMAKER IS HE
HE IS MY EYES, MY LIGHT, MY PATHWAY, WHEN I CAN'T SEE

HE IS MY MIGHTY COUNSELLOR WHEN I NEED SOME ADVICE
HE IS MY DEBT CONSOLIDATOR, FOR HE PAID THE ULTIMATE PRICE

HE IS MY HOPE FOR TOMORROW
HE IS MY EVERFLOWING INCOME, SO I DON'T HAVE TO BEG, STEAL, NOR BORROW

HE IS THE MERCY WHICH HE RENEWS FOR ME EVERYDAY
HE IS MY TRUTH, MY LIFE, THE ONLY WAY

HE IS THE WARDEN, WHO UNLOCKS THE CHAINS AND SETS ME FREE
HE IS MY ROLE MODEL, FOR I ALWAYS LOOK UP TO THEE

HE IS THE AUTHOR, THE FINISHER OF MY FAITH
HE IS THE PATIENCE THAT ALWAYS TELLS ME TO WAIT

JESUS IS MY EVERYTHING, ALTHOUGH WITH MY NATURAL EYES, HIM, I CANNOT SEE
JESUS IS MY EVERYTHING, MY EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING I WANT TO BE

JESUS IS MY EVERYTHING, THEREFORE, I DON'T WAIT UNTIL DECEMBER 25TH FOR HIM TO HEAR
HOW HE IS MY EVERYTHING, ALL THE TIME, EVERYDAY OF THE YEAR.

--CYPRA MARSHALL

July 22 - Jesus Calling

Find freedom through seeking to please Me above all else. You can have only one Master. When you let others’ expectations drive you, you scatter your energy to the winds. Your own desire to look good can also drain your energy. I am your Master, and I do not drive you to be what you are not. Your pretense displeases Me, especially when it is in My “service.” Concentrate on staying close to Me at all times. It is impossible to be inauthentic while you are focusing on My Presence.

For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord.
—Ephesians 5:8–10

“But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have only one Master and you are all brothers.”
—Matthew 23:8

“Be careful not to do your ‘acts of righteousness’ before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.”
—Matthew 6:1

Trusted Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Saturday

I feel so bad for Darla and all she is going through.

I pray the good Lord will make her better  real soon.

Blessings

Harlene

Trusted Contributor

Gloria - thanks for the wonderful scriptures.  It's always a welcomed inspiration.  I feel awful for Darla, the poor thing just struggling so.  It sounds like the babies are doing much better, thank the Lord.

I can imagine you were tired after the day, little ones are a whole lot of work -- wonderful work for sure.

Maybe if Darla gets a few good nights of sleep, she'll feel better and can enjoy Greg's birthday.

It sure is a draining process for all.  Praying for your family to continue to be strong and push on through this trying time.

Prayers that everyone have a blessed Saturday.

Honored Contributor

Everyone,

Super Contributor

Good Morning! I wish Darla would feel better so she could fully enjoy her little treasures. It must be so hard with being tired but than having her health issues not getting better. Prayers for you all!

Hope you all have a blessed day and embrace each moment and little miracle. So much heartache in the world.  I hope your day is filled with joy and peace.  Happy Weekend Ladies!

Peace,Nancy

Regular Contributor

Gloria,  so sorry to learn of Darlas complications. Hope they are resolved without surgery. She's had a tough time of it lately, but I'm sure she's feeling blessed with 2 healthy baby girls and a loving family close by. I'll remember her in my prayers tonite.

marmot

Honored Contributor

Gloria, so sorry to hear Darla is having problems. Wish the best for her and that she can get better and enjoy the babies. Prayers for her.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Harlene! Thanks for your prayers!  I have the  Poor Clares praying for her too!!

Esteemed Contributor

3suwm5 - So glad I can offer them to you here!  It's been going on for 8 years so they accept it here.  That's a blessing from God for sure!  A good night's sleep for both is in order!!!  They take shifts at night.  You are right,it's a draining for all!  But rewarding too.

Esteemed Contributor

meallen - you have a blessed weekend too!