Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Monday

Hello my friends!  Hope you all had a very blessed Sunday!  It was a nice relaxing one after Mass.  Sad to see Father Mark leaving next week, we'll miss him so much!  Had a nice visit with Linda from downstairs, she's off oxygen - hope that stays,  we keep her in our prayers.  Supper tonight was delicious left-overs!!!

Learn to forgive.  You can never be happy with anger or bitterness in your heart. 
Lord, bless me with the ability to forgive those who have offended me.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

"Store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust
consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your
treasure is, there your heart will be also."  ~Matthew 6:20-21

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

The world wonders when it sees a person who can unexpectedly draw large and
unsuspected sums from the bank for some emergency.  But what the world has
not seen is the countless small sums paid into that bank, earned by faithful
work over a long time.  And so it is with the bank of the spirit.  The world
sees the person of faith make a demand on God's stores of power and the
demand is met.  The world does not see what that person has been putting in,
in thanks and praise, in prayer and communion, in small good deeds done
faithfully, steadily over the years.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y

I pray that I may keep making deposits in God's bank.  I pray that I may
always remember the reserve I have built up and the willingness of God to
give me all that I need.

HIDDEN BLESSINGS

There was a king in Africa who had a close friend that he grew up with. The friend had a habit of looking at every situation that ever occurred in his life (positive or negative) and remarking, "This is good!"

One day the king and his friend were out on a hunting expedition. The friend would load and prepare the guns for the king. The friend had apparently done something wrong in preparing one of the guns, for after taking the gun from his friend, the king fired it and his thumb was blown off.

Examining the situation the friend remarked as usual, "This is good!"

To which the king replied, "No this is NOT good!" and proceeded to send his friend to jail.

About a year later, the king was hunting in an area that he should have known to stay clear of. Cannibals captured him and took him to their village. They tied him to a stake surrounded by wood.

As they came near to set fire to the wood, they noticed that the king had but one thumb. Being superstitious, they never ate anyone that was less than whole. They untied the king and sent him away.

As he returned home, he was reminded of the event that had taken his thumb and felt so very badly about his treatment of his friend. He went immediately to the jail to speak with his friend. "You were right" he said, "it was good that my thumb was blown off." And he proceeded to tell the friend all that had just happened. "And so I am very sorry for sending you to jail for so long. It was bad for me to do this."

"No," his friend replied, "this is good!"

"What do you mean, 'this is good'! How could it be good that I sent you, my good friend, to jail for all this time?"

"If I had not been in jail, I would have been with you - and eaten!"

Hope Is 

It's magic and it's free
it's not in a prescription
it's not in an IV.
It punctuates out laughter,
it sparkles in our tears,
it simmers under sorrows,
and dissipates our fears.
Do you know what hope is?
It's reaching past today,
it's dreaming of tomorrow,
it's trying a new way.
It's pushing past impossible
it's pounding on the door,
it's questioning the answers,
it's always seeking more.
It's rumors of a breakthrough,
it's whispers of a cure,
a roller coaster ride
of remedies, unsure.
Do you know what hope is?
It's candy for the soul,
it's perfume for the spirit,
to share it, makes you whole.

Author Unknown

ADVENT  Epidemic 

WARNING

Be on the alert for symptoms of inner 
HOPE, PEACE, LOVE AND JOY.

The hearts of a great many have already been exposed to this virus and it is possible that people everywhere could come down with it in epidemic proportions.

This could pose a serious threat to what has, up to now, been a fairly stable condition of conflict in the world.

Some signs and symptoms of

THE ADVENT EPIDEMIC:

1. A tendency to think and act spontaneously leaving
all their fears behind.

2. A remarkable ability to enjoy each moment.

3. A loss of interest in judging other people.

4. A loss of interest in conflict.

5. A loss of the ability to worry.

6. Frequent, episodes of appreciation.

7. Contented feelings of being connected with others and nature.

8. Frequent attacks of smiling.

9. A tendency to look for the good in all.

10. An increased ability to love others.

Please send this warning out to all your friends. 
This virus can and has affected many systems. 
Some systems have been completely cleaned out because of it.

Advent Novena

Prayer to Benefit from Christ's Coming

Lord our God, help me to prepare well for the coming of Christ Your Son. May He find me waiting, eager in joyful prayer.

God of mercy and consolation, help me in my weakness and free me from sin. Hear my prayers that I may rejoice at the coming of Your Son.

You loved the world so much You gave Your only Son to free us from the ancient power of sin and death. Help me who wait for His coming, and lead me to true liberty. Free me from my sins, and make me whole. Hear my prayer, and prepare me to celebrate the incarnation of Your Son.

Almighty God, help me to look forward to the glory of the birth of Christ our Savior: His coming is proclaimed joyfully in all the world. I await His healing power. Let me not be discouraged by my weaknesses as I prepare for His coming. Keep me steadfast in Your love. Give me the joy of Your love to prepare the way for Him. Help me to serve You and my neighbor.

Father, help me took forward in hope to the coming of our Savior. May I live as He has taught, ready to welcome Him with burning love and faith. Let Your glory dawn to take away my darkness, and may I be revealed as a child of light at His coming. Let the light of His coming free me from the darkness of sin and renew His life within me.

My sins bring me unhappiness. hear my prayer for courage and strength. May the coming of Your Son bring me the joy of salvation. Guide me with Your love as I await His coming. Keep me faithful that I may be helped through life and brought to salvation.

Father, creator and redeemer of mankind, You decreed, and Your Word became man, born of the Virgin Mary. May I come to share the Divinity of Christ, Who humbled Himself to share our human nature. Renew me by the coming feast of Your Son's birth. Give me true faith and love to celebrate the mystery of God made man. May I who celebrate the birth of Your Son as man rejoice in the gift of eternal life when He come is glory. May I share more fully in His Divine life, for He lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Advent Liturgical Prayer

Father, in the wilderness of the Jordan you sent a messenger to prepare people's hearts for the coming of your Son. Help me to hear his words and repent of my sins, so that I may clearly see the way to walk, the truth to speak, and the life to live for Him, our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Advent Day 1 -  
Adventus
Advent (Adventus) means arrival. Arrivals can be wonderful and joyous, but they can also scare the life out of us. They can be terrifying for something breaks in to upset and re-arrange the current state of affairs.

Jesus speaks of such an arrival and says to his disciples, "The coming of the Son of Man will repeat what happened in Noah's time" (Mt 24:37). Those are not very reassuring words. Then he adds that people were eating and drinking, marrying and being given in marriage, right up to the time of the flood, and then, when it came, they were destroyed with shocking suddenness. The end of an old world had arrived, but the inhabitants of that world were clueless. A new world was coming, but its prospective citizens had no idea how to prepare for it.

What would that look like in our day? Well, imagine a huge comet crashing into the earth. Scientists tell us this would destroy civilization and life as we know it. But what if we knew that a comet was coming and we did nothing about it? We didn't adjust in any way to it? This was the situation of those in Noah's time and, Jesus suggests, those in his own time.

Jesus breaks into our sinful world like a cleansing fire or like a wild storm --or like a comet--and he brings a revolution. That's the way he arrives.

November 29 - Jesus Calling

Let Me infuse My Peace into your innermost being. As you sit quietly in the Light of My Presence, you can sense Peace growing within you. This is not something that you accomplish through self-discipline and willpower; it is opening yourself to receive My blessing.

In this age of independence, people find it hard to acknowledge their neediness. However, I have taken you along a path that has highlighted your need for Me: placing you in situations where your strengths were irrelevant and your weaknesses were glaringly evident. Through the aridity of those desert marches, I have drawn you closer and closer to Myself. You have discovered flowers of Peace blossoming in the most desolate places.You have learned to thank Me for hard times and difficult journeys, trusting that through them I accomplish My best work. You have realized that needing Me is the key to knowing Me intimately, which is the gift above all gifts.

The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.
—Isaiah 58:11

He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.
—Isaiah 40:11

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Monday

• I'm on the crazy tablet so I'm hoping this goes through. I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and weekend. Another week about to begin and just 3 more Sunday's till Christmas. Where has this year gone? Time is passing too fast. 

I'll check in later. Bless you all. 

Be still, and know.
Trusted Contributor

Good morning everyone.

we also had left overs from our Chicken dinner.

Glad to see you here Lucy.

Blessings to all..

Harlene(lovetopaint)

Esteemed Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Hello Lucy! Nice to see you!!! Your crazy tablet worked fine here!!! Maybe I should use mine more. Happy you didn't forget about us!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, Harlene - leftovers are always wonderful!!!  Not only tasty, but an easy meal!!!  Now mine are over so will be cooking again tomorrow.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the lovely sayings, Julie!  You find the nicest ones.