Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Friday

Hello my friends!  Well I'm here for a short time now, after I get this thread to you, I'm going to take a nap and then go back to Darla's house for the night so she can sleep tonight and have a good restful day tomorrow.  Plans are that Lori will be giving her a massage tomorrow sometime, and take her shopping. Good for her to get out.  Tonight is their 4th Anniversary and they are going out to Dinner with the  gift cert. from us and Lori is baby sitting her little nieces.  We will relieve her around 9:30 as we come for the night, and hopefully the twins will be good and not fussy and just get up for their feedings like they have for us the last two times.  They seem to be fussy for Darla often during the night.   Wishing you all a very blessed Friday and beginning of the weekend.

When you can't seem to be a shining example, at least twinkle a little. 
Lord, when I am weary, You are there.  When I am weak, You are there. 
When I stumble, You are always ready to pick me up. 

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

"I know that I will remain and continue with all of you for your
progress and joy in faith, so that I may share abundantly in your
boasting in Christ Jesus when I come to you again.  Only, live your life
in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that, whether I come and
see you or am absent and hear about you, I will know that you are
standing firm in one spirit, striving side by side with one mind for the
faith of the gospel, and are in no way intimidated by your opponents.
For them this is evidence of their destruction, but of your salvation."
~Philippians 1:25-28

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

Spiritual progress is the law of our being.  We can try to see around us
more and more of beauty and truth, knowledge and power.  Today we can
try to be stronger, braver, more loving as a result of what we did
yesterday.  This law of spiritual progress gives meaning and purpose to
our lives.  We can always expect better things ahead.  We can accomplish
much good through the strength of God's spirit in us.  We need not be
discouraged.  The world is sure to get better, in spite of setbacks of
war, hate, and greed.  We can be part of the cure of the world's ills,
rather than part of the disease.

A Prayer When You Feel Worried and Uncertain
O Lord, each of us has fears that betray; worries that capture and shake out our joy. We find ourselves in limbo because we are neither here nor there.  We are in a time of transition, of getting ready.  Change and chance surround us.  Help us, O Lord, to return to Your Presence. Cause us to find the point and purpose of each day. All we ask is that You keep us on our feet so that we may walk with You.  Bless us this night and grant us rest. Amen.

A little boy's hand got stuck in a bottle and his parents tried their best to get his hand out and they couldn't, the only choice left was to break the bottle, but before the father asked his son to open his hand and slowly try to get it out and the boy replied: "If I open my hand, I will drop the dollar?"

Dear Lord,

here we are on this earth,

our total freedom is attached to material objects,

we try to forget about it and make you the center of our lives, but we fail.

Help us Lord to focus on you as our treasure

and not let go of your love and grace,

and just then we'll find freedom and happiness. Teach us love.

Amen

- - -

Luke 12:15 - And he went on to say to them all, "Watch out and guard yourselves from every kind of greed; because a person's true life is not made up of the things he owns, no matter how rich he may be."

Ecclesiastes 5:10 - If you love money, you will never be satisfied; if you long to be rich, you will never get all you want.  It is useless.

Ecclesiastes 6:9 - It is better to be satisfied with what you have than to be always wanting something else.

- - -

"You are richer today if you have laughed, given, and forgiven." (Anon.)

Just For Today

...Smile at a stranger 
...Listen to someone's heart 
...Drop a coin where a child can find it 
...Learn something new, then teach it to someone 
...Tell someone you're thinking of them 
...Hug a loved one 
...Don't hold a grudge 
...Don't be afraid to say "I'm sorry" 
...Look a child in the eye and tell them how great they are 
...Look beyond the face of a person into their heart 
...Make a promise, and keep it 
...Call someone, for no other reason than to just say "hi" 
...Show kindness to an animal 
...Stand up for what you believe in 
...Smell the rain, feel the breeze, listen to the wind 
...Use all your senses to their fullest 
...Cherish all your TODAYs

Author unknown

Prayer to Our Lady of Mental Peace

O Lady of Mental Peace, Mother of Tranquility and Mother of Hope, look upon me in this time of my weakness and unrest.

Teach my searching heart to know that God's Love for me is unchanging and unchangeable, and, that true human love can only begin and grow by touching His Love.

Let your gentle Peace --- which this world cannot give -- be always with me. And, help me to bring this same Peace into the lives of others.

Our Lady of Mental Peace, Pray for me!

Inline image 2

August 25 - Jesus Calling

I AM THE ETERNAL I AM; I always have been, and I always will be. In My Presence you experience Love and Light, Peace and Joy. I am intimately involved in all your moments, and I am training you to be aware of Me at all times. Your assignment is to collaborate with Me in this training process.

I have taken up residence within you; I am central in your innermost being. Your mind goes off in tangents from its holy Center, time after time. Do not be alarmed by your inability to remain focused on Me. Simply bring your thoughts gently back to Me each time they wander. The quickest way to redirect your mind to me is to whisper My Name.

EXODUS 3:14
God said to Moses, "I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you."

1 CORINTHIANS 3:16
Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?

PSALM 25:14-15
The LORD confides in those who fear him;
he makes his covenant known to them.

My eyes are ever on the LORD,
for only he will release my feet from the snare.

Honored Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Friday

[ Edited ]

@gloriajean, that is so nice Lori is able to spend some time with her adorable little nieces. I hope they sleep well for you tonight and that you will get some time off next week. It is nice that Darla and Greg are getting out to celebrate their anniversary.

Trusted Contributor

I hope the twins sleep a little more for you tonight and you get some rest too.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint

Super Contributor

Happy Friday and Happy Anniversary to Darla and Greg!  Hope their day is special and the twins sleep!  Many blessings.  

I hope you all have a wonderful day and weekend ahead.   I pray the days are filled with much joy and may your blessings surround you at all times.  Enjoy the ordinary miracles that embrace us and make us see and feel God's love.

I am off to the museum tomorrow so will get to see with my own eyes that it is indeed still standing after the tornado of this week. I know all is well but I want to see that!  

Have a lovely day ladies and peace to all.

Peace, Nancy 

Valued Contributor

Good morning!

I hope things went well last night, gloriajean.  

@nj, how were the last couple of days with the students?  I don't blame you for wanting to see the museum for yourself. 

@lovestopaint, how are you feeling?

It's back to hot weather and high humidity here. I'm hoping after another few weeks, we can wave goodbye to 90 degree days. I watched my grandson yesterday, and last evening he sat up by himself. Always a thrill for parents!  @gloriajean, those twins will be rolling over and babbling before you know it. 

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!  

Trusted Contributor

Happy national Doggy Day!!!!!!

Thank you for thining of me Ruby Laine.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies - I'm so behind today.  Need to get a move on.

Had to stop by to hear how everyone is doing.  Been busy this week, so haven't been able to spend much time posting.

Hope everyone is doing well.

gloria - thank you for the wonderful words today.  Always a beautiful start to my day.  I hope the little ones slept well.  It is wonderful that Darla and DH can spend an evening on the town for their anniversary.  It has been quite a year for them.

RetRN - have a wonderful weekend.

Harlene - enjoy your weekend, too.  Hope you're feeling better.

NJ - hope your week at school has been enjoyable.  Have fun at the museum.

Ruby - how wonderful that you were able to see the little grandson!! He's starting to situp by himself, that's exciting.

Ladies - God's blessings to all.

Super Contributor

Ruby, seeing the kids again has been so wonderful and meeting the new 7th graders has been a treat. I am really proud of them because these days have been tough. So much new, with people, finding their classes and the usual crazy and those kids asked fr help with little to no problem. I was proud to see them sticking up for themselves.  I am tired from all the changes too but glad we are back into it all!

Museum time tomorrow so using different brain cells for sure but also makes my heart full!  

Good evening, peace, Nancy 

Esteemed Contributor

Hello - I feel so blessed when I come home and see your posts! Thank you ever so much!!  The night went well, the little angels were great for their Grandma and Grandpa and went right to sleep! Why am I still tired today though, I did sleep some between feedings!