Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Friday

Hello my friends!  Well today was more or less a restful day, did get a nap in, made a delicious hamburger vegetable soup, using ground chicken instead of hamburger and that works well.  It was handy to use the onion and celery I froze, and frozen kale etc. too, lots of veggies are in it. It made a full dutch oven!  That was cooking while I took a nap!  Darla's Mother in Law called, we worked out our days for next week to be there.  I'll come on Tuesday and Friday and she'll do the rest.  The weekend they do themselves.

They didn't have time to do Darla's ultrasound today, but she did see the doctor and he thought her bleeding will get slower and stop and she won't need the surgery.  That would be good.

Enjoy your Friday, everyone!

Love and trust are the solutions for the worries and frets of life. 
Lord, I pray for Your gift of Faith which is all that I need for Your
power to work within me.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

"It is the spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless. The words
that I have spoken to you are spirit and life."  ~John 6:63

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I can discipline myself.  I can do this disciplining now.  I can turn
out all useless thoughts.  I know that the goodness of my life is a
necessary foundation for its usefulness.  I can welcome this training,
for it opens me to receive the power God wants to give me.  I can
believe that this power is a mighty power when it is used in the right
way.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

I pray that I may face and accept whatever discipline is necessary.  I
pray that I may open myself to receive God's power in my life.

You give me strength 

Holy Spirit when I am weak, You give me strength to carry on. 
You comfort me each time I seek Your loving arms to lean on.

You are the Father that I need. You have the wisdom that I lack. 
You give me courage to succeed, when I alone, would have turned back. 

I may have crosses in my life, but I will never know despair; 
for when I seek you in my strife, I know so well you will be there.

and this one:

Jesus Help Me

Jesus Help me. In every need let me come to you with a humble trust saying, Jesus help me. In all my doubts, perplexities and temptations, Jesus help me. In hours of loneliness, weariness and trials, Jesus help me. In failure of my plans and hopes, in disappointments, troubles and sorrows, Jesus help me.

When others fail me and your grace alone can assist me, Jesus help me. When I throw myself on your tender love, as my Lord and Savior, Jesus help me. When my heart is cast down by failure at seeing no good coming from my efforts, Jesus help me.

When I am ill and my head and hands cannot work and I am lonely, Jesus help me. Always, Always, in spite of weariness, falls and shortcomings of every kind, Jesus help me and never forsake me.

Almighty Lord, before you I come with all my faith, begging you for comfort in my difficulties. Do not forsake me, My Lord. Open your doors, that your almighty arms will open and close as you design to give that tranquility that I so desire.

Oh my God! Receive my supplication from a wounded heart that is always fighting for me with your Divine power. Never let me scramble for want of help.

Almighty Lord, assist me to find shelter in your celestial bounty forever.

Amen

The Power of Prayer

The day was long, the burden I had
borne
Seemed heavier than I could longer
bear,
And then it lifted-but I did not know
Some one had knelt in prayer.
Had taken me to God that very hour,
And asked the easing of the load, and
He,
In infinite compassion, had stooped
down
And taken it from me.
We cannot tell how often as we pray
For some bewildered one,
hurt and distressed,
The answers comes, but many times
those hearts
Find sudden peace and rest.
Some one had prayed, and Faith, a
reaching hand,
Took hold of God, and brought Him
down that day!
So many, many hearts have need of
prayer: Oh, let us pray

Unknown  

When I say good morning I mean to say:

G-od
O-ffers us His
O-utstanding
D-evotion to

M-ake us
O-bedient &
R-eady for a
N-ew day with Him.
I-nspire others please, and
N-ever forget
G-od loves you!

TIME FLIES 
By Tom Norvell

I remember this joke as a child. Question: "You know how to make time fly?" Answer: "Throw a clock out the window." (I did not say it was funny joke.) Now far removed from those childhood days, I know of another way to make time fly: Live longer.

I heard it described once as a matter of proportions. One year to a ten-year-old is one tenth of his life. One year to a fifty-year-old is one fiftieth. For the ten-year-old a year seems like an eternity. For the fifty-year-old it's like only a moment. For the child looking ahead a year is difficult to imagine and something to rush. For the parent of that child, it is almost something to avoid and slow down. Time flies.

Time has flown.

It seems like just yesterday when he started school. Off he went in new clothes with his book bag in hand and with all the excitement of a child on a new adventure. Today his new clothes consist of a cap and a gown. He carries his diploma, his cell phone, and perhaps your credit card.

It seems like only yesterday when she was content to play in the sand on the beach, going for walks in the neighborhood, and learning to ride her bike. Now she's planning a wedding and dreaming of a real castle in her own neighborhood.

It seems like yesterday when you held her for the first time. You could not believe you were a parent. Now you are standing in the nursery holding her child. You cannot believe you are a grandparent.

It was not long ago, so it seems, when your Dad would leave for work early in the morning and come in late in the day. There was just enough daylight to play ball with you and do a few chores before dinner. Now he is gone most of the time. He left several years ago and only occasionally comes back to where you are. You try to get him to remember, but he cannot. He stares out the window and you wonder where the time has gone.

Wasn't it only yesterday when the two of you stood before an audience in your finest clothing, expressing your love and devotion for a lifetime? Now you are celebrating another anniversary and there is talk of a silver or gold celebration.

Try as we may, we cannot stop it and we cannot slow it down.

It does not seem so long ago that a trip to grandmother's house was a long trip filled with anticipation of meals and laughter and peaceful days. Now you realize her house was only a few miles away and a stranger lives there. Only the memories of days gone by remain.

Time flies. Try as we may, we cannot stop it and we cannot slow it down. Before long, today will only be a distant memory of what once was. That is the way of life.

Scripture reminds us that time flies: "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." (James 4:14)

Time flies.
Time is flying.
Time has flown.

We cannot change what has happened yesterday and we have very little control over what comes tomorrow. What we have is today. Today is a gift from God to be shared with all we love. Let's enjoy it. Let's share it. Let's spend today making a memory that we will remember years from now when we are sitting all alone reflecting on how time has flown.

July 27 - Jesus Calling

Hope is a golden cord connecting you to heaven. This cord helps you hold your head up high, even when multiple trials are buffeting you. I never leave your side, and I never let go of your hand. But without the cord of hope, your head may slump and your feet may shuffle as you journey uphill with Me. Hope lifts your perspective from your weary feet to the glorious view you can see from the high road. You are reminded that the road we’re traveling together is ultimately a highway to heaven. When you consider this radiant destination, the roughness or smoothness of the road ahead becomes much less significant. I am training you to hold in your heart a dual focus: My continual Presence and the hope of heaven.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
-Romans 12:12

But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.
-1 Thessalonians 5:8

God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope offered to us may be greatly encouraged. We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain.
-Hebrews 6:18–19

Super Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Friday

Hope Darla gets well so she does not need surgery.  Continued prayers!  Hope you all have a blessed day and embrace each moment and live in peace.  

Off today but will so some tutoring later on.  Glad to be off, have 2 sick kitties so been talking with the vet and see if they need to go for a visit.  One has the sniffles and the other vomits so her medicine has been increased and now we see if that works.  when they get sick, I become a mess so trying to remain strong and trust that God will take care of them.  They are my babies and my life.  Faith and Virginia are the world to me.

Thank you for listening to me just now. 

Peace ladies, Nancy 

Trusted Contributor

Praying the doctor is right Gloria, that Darla might not need the D and C.

Nancy I will be praying for your cat, I know how you feel about your pets, we have three dogs and one cat between my brother and us. We love them so much and if one of them gets sick we worry about them, they are our family we have no children so they are our kids.

Blessings to all.

Harlene(lovestopaint)

Super Contributor

Thank you Harlene!  I too have no children so Faith and Virginia are it.  Just take it one day at a time.

Take care and peace, Nancy

Honored Contributor

@nj wrote:

Thank you Harlene!  I too have no children so Faith and Virginia are it.  Just take it one day at a time.

Take care and peace, Nancy

Hi everyone,

Trusted Contributor

Thank you Gloria - nice, helpful scriptures.

I am praying that Darla will not need surgery.  Hope her body can heal itself.

Your soup sounds yummy!

It sounds like you will have a few days to rest up before you watch the little ones again, enjoy!!

Today some housework for me.  If there is a good day, it's today as we had a shower this morning, so it's nice and cool  - 68 degrees.Woman Very Happy

Have a blessed day all.  Prayers of strength for those that are struggling, both two-legged and four-legged alike.

Esteemed Contributor

Nancy - so sorry for your sick kitties.  Hope they will soon be well.  Sure gets expensive taking to the vet, doesn't it? I know with our Sammy.

Esteemed Contributor

Harlene, I will be there on Wednesday twin duty, and that's the day she goes back to the doctor - and guess what?  That is her birthday!  We will come with a cake and gift.  Sure would be nice to receive good news on her 43rd birthday.

Esteemed Contributor

meallen, hope you  had a great Thursday!   I did, but am exhausted!

Esteemed Contributor

3suwm5 - That would surely be nice if Darla's body can heal itself.  Praying that it will.   The soup is yummy, and I brought some along today for Greg. He's not vegetarian, Darla is.  The ground chicken in it is healthier than the hamburger for the heart and we all are watching our cholestorel.  Hope your day went well.