Esteemed Contributor

I think I have only heard of Jodie Sweetin. I think I'm finally done with this show. It jumped the shark a while back.

Dancing with the Stars' Season 22 Cast Rumors: Jodie Sweetin and More

The 22nd season of Dancing with the Stars is still a month and a half away, but rumors are already swirling about what celebrities may join the cast to dance for the Mirror Ball Trophy. Though rumors are always extremely iffy, especially this far away, there are a few names that keep popping up.

Us Weekly reports that Full House star Jodie Sweetin has signed on to compete in season 22. The actress is also a part of the Netflix reboot Fuller House, debuting on February 26. Not only did her TV sister Candace Cameron Bure previously appear on DWTS, but Maksim and Val Chmerkovskiy even filmed a guest appearance on Fuller House.

Another Netflix actress rumored to be on the show is Taryn Manning, one of the stars of Orange Is the New Black. The member of the SAG Award-winning cast plays Pennsatucky on the dramedy and, on January 27, she tweeted "#DWTS." That was all she posted, leading some to believe that it was a tease that she will compete on season 22.

Yet another actress who has been subject to rumors for months is Italia Ricci. The 29-year-old star was the lead in ABC Family's Chasing Life, and DWTS has a long history of taking actors from various ABC Family (now Freeform) shows.

Other potential dancers in the rumor mill include current Bachelor Ben Higgins (following in the footsteps of Jake Pavelka, Sean Lowe and Chris Soules), Olympic gymnast Dominic Moceanu, NFL players Rashad Jennings and Mike Tolbert and even reigning champion Bindi Irwin's 12-year-old brother Robert, though that seems like a stretch.

All we know for sure is that Len Goodman will be back as the head judge. As for the pros, Sasha Farber tweeted on February 1 "It's official so excited and happy!" The cryptic message has some speculating that the fan favorite troupe member may finally get a second chance to be a pro partner. He was paired with Snooki in season 17, but hasn't been a pro partner for the past four seasons.

Dancing with the Stars season 22 premieres Monday, March 21 at 8pm on ABC.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DWTS who are these people?

I quit watching when they took a long time to kick Jerry Springer off ....

Esteemed Contributor

I only watch it here and there if there's nothing else on.   I hope they give Val someone awful who doesn't deserve votes because I hope he goes first.  He fat shamed a 10y/o with Downs Syndrome on social media.  Posted a picture of her drinking a soda on there with the tweet along the lines of letting your kid become obese should be considered child abuse.

Esteemed Contributor

My mom and her group love this show. They never know most of the "stars". They watch it for the professional dancers and the judges. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I'm kind of with you although I do know Taryn Manning and Dominique Moceanu in addition to Jodie.  Last year was the first time I didn't watch (went for the Voice instead) but I may be back to check it out.  I hope they get some more names soon.  I forgot it was that time again.    

Esteemed Contributor

I've never watched Full House, so I don't know one of these candidates for DWTS. you'd think with such a high profile show they could get even B-listers.......I stopped watching a long time ago. 

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

I only watch it here and there if there's nothing else on.   I hope they give Val someone awful who doesn't deserve votes because I hope he goes first.  He fat shamed a 10y/o with Downs Syndrome on social media.  Posted a picture of her drinking a soda on there with the tweet along the lines of letting your kid become obese should be considered child abuse.

Wow, that's horrible. I hate those picture memes that make fun of people or comment based on appearance and having a celebrity (even a small one) pass one on would be a nightmare for the person in the picture.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

Wow, that's horrible. I hate those picture memes that make fun of people or comment based on appearance and having a celebrity (even a small one) pass one on would be a nightmare for the person in the picture.

And the excuses given for him - he's Russian it's a different culture so they say/do things like that; he's right, he's sorry, blahblah.

He stated right after he did that it he shouldn't have, knew he shouldn't have, but decided to do it anyway and not take it down, because.  He lives in the US now. Time to develop a little knowledge of acceptable/not.

But the biggie - he's too stupid to know from the photo that it was a Downs child, and that is just their body habitus whether overweight or not. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I love DWTS & I will watch. It's fun if I know some of the "stars" but it's not that big of a deal to me. I just love the show. As for Val Chmerkovskiy, his posting was mean & served no purpose. I've never really cared for him & he proved that he is unkind & ignorant. 

Esteemed Contributor

It seems to me that they always pair the female dancer most likely to win with Derek Hough.  That does not seem fair to the other professional dancers.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead