Super Contributor

Creases on my face from sleep

When I wake up in the morning I have one or two deep creases on my face from sleeping on my side. They take hours to go away!! Embarrassing when it's a work day. Any tips or pointers. I tried sleeping on my back, but by morning I am back on my side. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Creases on my face from sleep

Get a silk pillowcase.  It works!

Esteemed Contributor

Funny story just came to mind relative to your post.....When I was a graduate student, I taught a college class that started at  6:30 or 7 am!! Since I'm not a morning person, it was challenging to say the least for me to be up, alert, and teach a college class at 7 am!! I distinctintly remember doing to the bathroom just before I was about to stand in front of 30 college students and rubbing my face hard to get rid of crease marks from my sheets! What's really funny is that students who tended to sign up for 7 am classes were ALWAYS morning people who where alert and ready to go! No, I don't have a solution...Just be glad you're not standing before an audience with sheet creases on your face. LOLWoman Happy

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361  LOL!  I don't teach, but I do often show up at work with sheet crease marks on my arms, chest & face.  OK, so I'd rather get a few extra zzzzz's than get up earlier.Woman LOL

Yes, a silk or satin pillowcase helps.  I couldn't sleep on my back unless someone tied me down in that position.  It's on my side or no sleeping at all.

Honored Contributor

Dehydration.

Sleeping for hours means your body is thirsty.

Everyone should drink 20-32 ounces of water IMMEDIATELY upon waking.

Then drink your coffee/tea.

Once you're hydrated, creases will disappear. 

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Dehydration.

@sidsmom  OK, but it's more interesting to try to read the creases, like a palm reader, to find out what kind of day I'm going to haveWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

@DoneTryin wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Dehydration.

@sidsmom  OK, but it's more interesting to try to read the creases, like a palm reader, to find out what kind of day I'm going to haveWoman LOL

@DoneTryin

Giggle.  If you've been sleeping hard enough to have creases, chances are you've had a good nights sleep, which means you're going to have a rockin' good day!!

Valued Contributor

I have used a silk or satin pillow case since I was in my teens.  It works!  The Anti Wrinkle pillow that used to be sold here on QVC is my go to pillow.  It works for anti wrinkles and it helps my neck very much. 

Honored Contributor

Buy a silk pillow case and start drinking more water.  Your skin might be dehydrated.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Dehydration.

Some jobs don't let you go potty all day.