Respected Contributor

Yesterday in 70's, then got thunderstorms, and this morning we are getting SNOW and 30 degrees out.  The trees were just starting to bud and the daffodils are up.  This is going to put the foliage in shock!  The winds were just howling last night - my house was creaking in the high winds as the cold front moved through. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, Iowa had record high temps in the mid 70s through Thursday and blizzards on Friday.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Crazy Indiana weather!

[ Edited ]

I am in northeast Indiana. It's so weird that weather has been so warm most of the winter. The other day my niece and nephew had shorts on. It's only Feb 25th and it was 70 yesterday. But today it's back in the 30's. The only real measurable snow we had all winter was back on Dec 11th. This is the second winter in a row with no snow.

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

I am in northeast Indiana. It's so weird that weather has been so warm most of the winter. The other day my niece and nephew had shorts on. It's only Feb 25th and it was 70 yesterday. But today it's back in the 30's. The only real measurable snow we had all winter was back on Dec 11th. This is the second winter in a row with no snow.

@ccassaday - I know crazy huh?  I have a feeling we're going to have a long, HOT, dry summer.  I think we've had about 4 inches of snow this year, if that.  Never in the 13 years I've been here have I seen a winter like this. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

@ccassaday - I know crazy huh?  I have a feeling we're going to have a long, HOT, dry summer.  I think we've had about 4 inches of snow this year, if that.  Never in the 13 years I've been here have I seen a winter like this. 

I remember in 1977 I was five years old. I got a bike that year. I was riding if on Christmas Day with no coat. But guess what happened in the new year of 1978. There was a blizzard. We cooked out on the grill the last couple Christmas's. But this winter it has been a ton of warm weather. Not just a day here and there. Not complaining because I hate the snow. Where are you in Indiana. I am in Fort Wayne.

Esteemed Contributor

Not only in your state but, most of the country is have "cray cray" weather. I live in central NJ and we are having 32 degree weather today when it was 72 yesterday and 66 on Friday.Woman Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

Its been in Arkansas, too. Not much of a winter at all, I dread the summer bugs.

One day, I have on my heat, the next day the a/c just been going back and forth. Crazy.