Honored Contributor

Re: Checking In with "Soap" Friends

[ Edited ]

@cowboy sam wrote:

@Tique 

...i'm soooo wore out  today i didn't think i  had anything of intrest to talk about.

can i say i 

lubs ya here?Smiley LOL

@cowboy sam   please feel free to say whatever you want here. Not interested in moderating so no list of "Do's and Don'ts" from me. The only thing I asked in the OP was that people don't discuss GH here since this isn't the appropriate place/forum for that. As fate would have it - the one person who is having difficulty following that is me. Think I'm going to have to do something about that in 2024. Nope not returning to the GH thread [as it is now or even when I was the facilitator] but thinking about something new, simple, and streamlined so no one will have to choose. My idea was fueled by something @Coquille  posted to me when I was still overseeing the thread.

More to come....Maybe.

Happy Tuesday Flowers :: Tuesday :: MyNiceProfile.com
"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Esteemed Contributor

Hope everyone here is well.  As we get ready for Thanksgiving,  I want to say how thankful I am for my wonderful friends here.  You are very special.  

Respected Contributor

@Tique , @grandma r , @cowboy sam , I hope everyone and their families,  are doing well. @grandma r , I hope (praying always for both of you) your days aren't to straining for you and I hope hubby is better with his walking, day by day. We all take it as it comes and every day, is a present (as said before), as you well know! So, we're thankful. My religion says, " The more one suffers in this life, the more rewards they receive in the next life"! There's a special place in heaven, waiting for you. Only good things for you and hubby, from here on out!  The same for all of my friends here.

Everyone, enjoy your Thanksgiving and if someone needs company, I'm here for you. 

I'm going to my daughters as usual, with the rest of the extended family. So, I'll be trying to check out of there, as quickly and as nicely as possible.  I'll be checking in here. 😉

@Tique  What's new, anything? If not, I'll check n after Thanksgiving. 😘

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Respected Contributor

@cowboy sam  Forgot to send you, soft 🤗 and 💋

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ingo Rademacher Details His Dark Days Since General Hospital Firing

Garren Waldo

The actor talks about his downward spiral post GH..

ingo rademacher details downward spiral after general hospital.

Shockwaves reverberated across the daytime TV dial when General Hospital dismissed Steve Burton and Ingo Rademacher, two of its top-tier performers, for failing to comply with vaccine mandates. Now, the latter is reaching out to his fans with an update.

Ingo Rademacher Opens Up To His Followers

The actor who formerly portrayed Jasper “Jax” Jacks took to Instagram and shared a photo of him inside a Plunge cold tub. “The Plunge ice water therapy has helped keep me sane,” he shared. “I apologize for not having posted much in the last year and a half. To be completely honest, for the first time in my life, I’ve been faced with some mental health struggles that’s not something I’ve ever had to face before. I’m a lot better now, but the first year was rough.”

Rademacher revealed that his case against ABC/Disney is now in the appeals process. Apparently he hasn't wasted enough of his/his family's money. News Alert Ingo: Since you don't seem to realize this...ABC can keep you tied up in court for the rest of your life Admit defeat and move on. He confessed to questioning his decision to pack up his family and their relocation to Florida. He further confessed that, “On top of that, I really identified as my character on General Hospital for decades, and I could’ve been there and would’ve been there for many more decades to come.”

But he insists that he’s not playing the victim. You could have fooled me. He’s just “being honest.” It’s where he’s at in his life at the moment. But there are yet more trials. “Struggling with being not that motivated also comes with the added bonus of extra weight (getting fat). I weighed in at 222 pounds a few weeks ago, and I should be around 190. Actually, 185, let’s not try to soften the blow. Yep. Hard for me to actually say that because it’s embarrassing. Especially for someone who puts a lot of emphasis on fitness.” Liking this man less and less. While he was sitting around feeling sorry for himself he gained some weight. Poor baby.

Luckily, hope springs eternal. “I’m more motivated now,” Rademacher enthused. “Stay tuned. More to come.”

source: soaphub

For those who are wondering why here and not there, this and the other posts have been about the actors on GH, not about the characters/the show.

Honored Contributor

@Coquille  ideas have been flowing. Think you will like.

Hope you enjoy Thanksgiving with your family. Don't be a clock watcher she said thinking about past experiences.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tique  The previous post, I try not to be negative but..... I never liked his character and for some reason, I never liked him. Don't ask me why but I didn't. There's a time to fight and then there's a time to realize, it's time to pack up your bags and move on. One can't win every fight, no matter how obstinate one is. Sometimes there's more hurt than not. He's learning a good lesson, I hope.

Looking forward to what you have in the future. 

Edited:

Don't get me wrong, If he was against vaccination, that's his choice, absolutely. 

IMO, he should have walked away and then, hopefully, things would have calmed down and maybe he could have returned at some point. Suing Disney, not a good move, at least that's what I think. We all have to stick to our principles and do what we think is right for ourselves but there's a time and place for everything.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Coquille  I completely agree with you regarding making choices and sticking with them. Just like Steve Burton did at the time. The difference: Steve knew a workplace has the right to make policy and if you don't want to abide by that policy, you leave. Do you sue? Only if you discover the company let you go and kept someone else who also didn't abide by said policy. Most importantly he seems to have forgotten: According to ABC/Disney his storyline was coming to an end. Again not the case for Steve; his leaving meant they had to change the direction of several stories.

As for Ingo's character it was one for whom I had mixed feelings. I remember when he reappeared the last time I was glad to see him return. On the flip side of that was never sad to see him leave. Also couldn't stand that sanctimonious, "better than everyone else" attitude.

Esteemed Contributor

@Coquille. Thank you so much.  As always, your words are heartwarming.  Today, I really needed that too.  It felt like a hug.  We're taking things day by day; some good, some not so much.  I'm just thankful we have days at all.  Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your family.  Sending prayers your way, every day.

@Tique. Can't wait to see your ideas come to fruition.   Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving. 

To all of my friends here......enjoy your Thanksgiving in any way that brings you joy.

Honored Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

...@Tique. Can't wait to see your ideas come to fruition.   Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving. 

To all of my friends here......enjoy your Thanksgiving in any way that brings you joy.

@grandma r  thank you. That's three of us.

I wish you and DH a wonderful Thanksgiving. It's been quite a year...well actually quite a couple of years BUT we're still here. I haven't asked about your DGS but I hope he is doing well.