Trusted Contributor

Re: Can i vent?anybody there?...

[ Edited ]

People can be so petty and cruel.  It's always easier for them to tell others whats wrong with them instead of looking into their own mirror.  Your husband should be so proud of himself for losing 60 pounds, that is no easy feat.  Heck I'm proud of him and I don't even know him.  He sounds like a wonderful guy.

Honored Contributor

@Keeper of the koi I can only imagine how upsetting this was to your DH and to you who had to witness the pain that he felt over those cruel comments.i am so tired of all of the fat shaming that goes on in this country.we have such courteous politically correct ways of referring to every health and social problem but it's open fire on the people with weight challenges....shut up rude people and mind your own belt size.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex, yes fat shaming is a public  past time ,websites devoted to poking fun of people.I am a size4 , i dont care  what your size ,i look to who you are, what you say, how you respond. how can this world raise young  people with this perfection facade When the world stands up to fat shamming i will be front and center... In the mean time if Isee or hear you  , you will hear  from me. My husband is my life you come for him you come for me...I am proud of my big man, he is ai successful  buisness man, husband and  son .He does these things  with his heart, as big as he is.we had the pleasure in Hawaii to  meet  Iz , another man so loving the world could not hold his heart....Maryanne 

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, there are rude people.  I wouldn't have finished the conversation, got in my car and left.

Honored Contributor

I swear some of you must have a different definition of forgive than the one I have.  How can you say you forgive that cruel person that person has neither apologized nor asked to be forgiven.  God forgives, we don't havento and even God doesn't forgive unless the person truly regrets and atones for their actions.  There are cruel people in the world and sometimes people speak out of hand thoughtlessly without realizing how their words will be taken.  At any rate, since this was someone your husband knew way back in h.s. and has no relationship with now, those words will sting for a while but he'll be fine. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Keeper of the koi,     Your husband should speak up and should have told the guy to look in the mirror that his mouth is bigger than his face.  Some people think they can say anything to you but you have to learn to dish it right back.  I am sorry that happened but tell your husband to toughen up and congratulations on his weight loss.  I know he feels good.  Don't let anyone put you down. Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I am not heavy either but when I was young my own mother would say...lard a&&I and fat bottom to me when she thought I was gaining weight.i went through a period of not being able to eat much because everything I ate gave me the feeling that My butt was growing.I am so with you on standing up against the world of fat shamers.I won't let anyone I hear speak rudely about someone's weight and get away with it.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I swear some of you must have a different definition of forgive than the one I have.  How can you say you forgive that cruel person that person has neither apologized nor asked to be forgiven.  God forgives, we don't havento and even God doesn't forgive unless the person truly regrets and atones for their actions.  There are cruel people in the world and sometimes people speak out of hand thoughtlessly without realizing how their words will be taken.  At any rate, since this was someone your husband knew way back in h.s. and has no relationship with now, those words will sting for a while but he'll be fine. 

I did not read anywhere on this thread where people said forgive the idiot,   The support to OP has been to write the idiot off as a jerk and continue to support her husband.  I know there was another thread where people were advising an OP to forgive her brother for saying horrible things to her.

Honored Contributor

I was the ONLY small & short person in my entire family of BIG SIX-FOOTERS.    They  called me names my ENTIRE life.......ya know......runt.......shrimp, etc.     I have always found it annoying.    Now, I only have one relative left, and that person STILL can't stop talking about how "sick" I look..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Keeper of the koi One for you, then pass it to your dh. Heartbighugs.gif

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein