Valued Contributor

Can i vent?anybody there?...

Yesterday my sweet husband left to go check our home upstate . stopped  for  gas in town...Was pumping gas when someone he went to hs with said Is that you?My husband is a very large  man,  he recently lost 60 lbs..He was feeling good.Donated his clothes ,has lost 3 sizes.This moron proceeded to tell him how bad he looked, he heared he was huge, he was concerned  for him. My sweet husband told him he was late had to leave for apointment.He was quiet  in his calls last nite  wouldnt tell me what was wrong.This  morning he finally told me ,he said he felt like dirt . We talked about us and he ended happy. he called since than he seems ok.If i had been there all 120 lbs of me whould have ripped you to shreds.How dare anyome hurt such a  wonderful man.I am  still crying that  any one would use their tongue to cause pain. It is a reminder that we have such power with our word   ,power to cause pain .  We have no idea what anyone  is going through.To that cruel person, i will forgive you ,but you will answer to a higher power than Me..Thanks  for the ear..Maryanne

Trusted Contributor

Re: Can i vent?anybody there?...

@Keeper of the koi wrote:

Yesterday my sweet husband left to go check our home upstate . stopped  for  gas in town...Was pumping gas when someone he went to hs with said Is that you?My husband is a very large  man,  he recently lost 60 lbs..He was feeling good.Donated his clothes ,has lost 3 sizes.This moron proceeded to tell him how bad he looked, he heared he was huge, he was concerned  for him. My sweet husband told him he was late had to leave for apointment.He was quiet  in his calls last nite  wouldnt tell me what was wrong.This  morning he finally told me ,he said he felt like dirt . We talked about us and he ended happy. he called since than he seems ok.If i had been there all 120 lbs of me whould have ripped you to shreds.How dare anyome hurt such a  wonderful man.I am  still crying that  any one would use their tongue to cause pain. It is a reminder that we have such power with our word   ,power to cause pain .  We have no idea what anyone  is going through.To that cruel person, i will forgive you ,but you will answer to a higher power than Me..Thanks  for the ear..Maryanne

Don't fret and tell your husband to know the guy who commented is a jerk.  Once I met a former boss who said, "Wow, you sure have gained quite a bit of weight."  Did he think I didn't know that? 

Esteemed Contributor

Not cool. The person from high school has a rememberance of your husband from that time, where he was probably smaller and any recent weight loss would not be of any significance to him.  Some people don't think before the open their mouths.  It's a shame.

Honored Contributor

I never understand people like that. Never believe them when they say they are concerned for your health. It's just an excuse to be a jerk.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I am so sorry this happened to your DH....

I don't know what is wrong with some people but this guy could not possibly expect to see people from high school looking like they did.... and if someone isn't looking as they expected they should have the grace, sophistication and knowledge to realize that ISN'T what you say to anyone.

This situation shows what a clod this person is.  It is in no way a reflection on your DH and he needs to hear that.  He is doing something that is extremely hard to do and I'd say only a very small percentage of people can actually DO what your DH is doing~!!  I'm sure the clod he ran into wouldn't have the determination.  But your husband does!  Tell him please to keep up the good work!  Nothing pays off as big as losing weight and he's on his way!  Dismiss the idiot as what he is.... an idiot looking to inflate his own ego at the expense of someone else....

My very best to your husband and to you!!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry he had that encounter. I hope he bounces back quickly. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

WRe: Can i vent?anybody there?...

[ Edited ]

Thamk you lovelies, so hard  to see someone  you love hurt..Iam glad you understand . ..He is such a wonderful person i cant believe anyone wouldnt see that..Maryanne Ps ,we dont live like that , the physical  is temporary  your soul forever.

Honored Contributor

Well as someone who will be attending her 50th!!!! high school reunion in April, I hope that I will not be as stupid as the man your husband met.  But at the last reunion I went to 30 years ago, I met a woman who did not look at all like I remembered her, much thinner but fortunately all I said was "Gee, I didn't recognize you."  Sometimes the shock of seeing someone so different from what is remembered causes a lapse of tact.  I don't think your husband should be too upset.  His former classmate is an unimportant part of his life.  Forget it.

Super Contributor

I'm so sorry that this happened to your dear husband.  People are mean and some don't think before they speak. Good for your hubby losing all of that weight. He should be proud of his accomplishment. 

Mint

Honored Contributor

@Keeper of the koi

Hello friend, 

What is important.

1. You love your husband

2. Your husband is sweet and kind.

3. Your husband recently lost 60 pounds

4. You are proud of your husband and your husband is proud of himself (your husband is regaining his self esteem)

5. Your husband donated his clothes that were 3 sizes to large. Someone is always in need of clothing. Yay, for the  act of kindness.

6. Your husband is intelligent and walked away from someone who didn't think before spewing insults.

Not Important 

1. Person who insulted YOUR kind, loving, giving, thoughtful, wonderful husband!!!!!

Blessings for you and your husband.