Honored Contributor

Re: Can anyone here copy and paste?

Gloria, I saw the post the other day.  I'm not a right clicker (lol) unless I am bringing in a bird photo or goat photo.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I understand your angst, so am going to go into a Word document and attempt to copy and past a recipe right into this box.  This is what I've done a lot over on "Recipes."  Going over to Word now.  I'm on a laptop, have Word 7 and Internet Explorer.

Grated Carrot & Raw Beet Salad

Source:  food.com

4 large carrots, peeled & trimmed

3 beats, peeled and trimmed

2 garlic cloves, finely minced or 1 tsp garlic paste

1 Tbs olive oil

1 Tbs balsamic vinegar (I prefer light to dark balsamic)

1 tsp strong Dijon mustard

Tobasco sauce or chili pepper flakes to taste

Smoked or regular sea salt

Fresh ground pepper

Optional:  Orange for additional acidity & lettuce leaves for lining dish

1. Grate carrots and beets using grater with large holes or grate using a processor.
  2. Place the rest of the main ingredients, from garlic to black pepper, in a large bowl. Add carrots, beets and toss until well combined.
  3. Add any desired add-ins and toss again.
  4. Taste, adjust seasoning and let stand for 30 minutes. **I prefer making this a day ahead so that flavors fully develop; otherwise, you can taste each ingredient as if it was just tossed in.
  5. Just prior to serving, if you wish some additional acidity, squeeze half an orange over the salad, then toss and place in 2 quart dish. I like to use this dish for this salad, because I can line the dish with my favorite lettuce, then added the carrot and beet mixture.

OK - - Gloria - -I was successful.  To get this recipe within the body of this box, I found my document already created in Word, highlighted the document, pressed on Control C (in that order), then brought up your thread with my reply box and pressed Control V (in that ordera).   When I did this, a blue dialog box popped up that told me I should do exactly what I had just done, so I got rid of it, then pressed Control V (in that order) again and the recipe appeared.

Hope this helps.  God Bless ~ Rebecca

Esteemed Contributor

I just did that on word, but it got all jumbled up - it was supposed to have paragraghs. I hit preview and it was all one paragragh, so I posted thinking maybe it would work yet, but no. On the other board all I had to do was right click, paste and post. And it had paragraghs.

Esteemed Contributor

Gloria,

This "all one paragraph" used to happen to me every single time I copy and pasted anything onto these forums, so I hit the "Edit" button and hit "Submit" again without doing anything and it autocorrected.  As I'm typing this, I now see a bunch of icons at the top of my box and found the Edit icon.  It's the thing that looks like 2 links of a chain and is to the right of the gray smiley face.  You might try that feature to help you with your document.

Also, I'd go over to the "Suggestion Box" and tell them what your issue is, asking them to please fix that cut and paste feature, as some are having issues, yet others are not. 

~Rebecca

Esteemed Contributor

I'm going to try that, Rebecca. I'll hit edit and then submit and see if it corrects itself. Gosh! This is so much harder for me than it used to be.

Esteemed Contributor

~~~~~~

AS POSTED ON OTHER THREADS

QVC Customer Care
Brittany-QVC 

Please feel free to e-mail us at QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com and we'll help you out anyway we can. Including a walk through if you'd like! 

~~~~~~

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

MacDuff - I just posted the thread, but tell me this - I cannot make more than one inspirational at a time anymore, or it won't work, is that right? Before I could have a long post and it always worked well and didn't get all jumbled up. Tomorrow's thread is up, but it's harder to do this way, I'll have to learn how to do it so it won't be so time consuming.