Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom

It won't be over Sunday, unfortunately.  We have at least another week after that to live with this extended mess the planners created.

A new group is now angry as hades, the cab drivers.  They are stuck and can't get around the mess, either, and are losing customers and tips.  People flag them down and want to get to that popular area and the cabs can't get near it,

Honored Contributor

LOL @JustJazzmom, not usually but I think most of us are occasionally without realizing it.  

My allergies sneak up on me now in unexpected ways. I used to have ordinary reactions but the past 10 years or so, sometimes it takes me a while to connect symptoms with "allergy." I have also broken out in mini-rashes before, just being outside during Santa Anas. Definitely not because I touched anything. Yep. Weird.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I got my walk in & shoveled the back steps & 2 paths to the feeders. I upped it to a mile and a half. I took a break after the mile and did the shoveling. Now to shower & get more seeds for the feeders plus pick up some tortillas & scallions for tomorrow's tacos. Have a great weekend everyone.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Re: Can We Talk?

[ Edited ]

My kalanchoe and daffodils are budding.  (Don't strain your eyes.  Only one bud - center top - is visible on the daffodils.)

Fringe flower (loropetalum) is behind the daffodil.

kalanchoe buds.jpgdaffodil bud.jpg

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Working on a couple of projects today I've been putting off... ugh.

Most of us locals are in hibernation for this Super Bowl weekend, expecting traffic snarls, etc.

N.

Trusted Contributor

I live in Ohio.  It has been warm for the season.  No snow yet.  It is 45 right now.

I need a new dishwasher.  I called the appliance store and they instal  and take the old one away for $85.00.  Have a nice day.

Honored Contributor

I've been to 2 supermarkets & no scallions! Where did they go? I will try one more supermarket tomorrow. I have enough for what I need but wanted a bunch for salads.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I think there's a dearth of scallions, I can't find them easily, either.

I just had my favorite salad for lunch, the Israeli cous cous, barely cooked pieces of asparagus, and barely warmed spinach leaves with Israeli feta, halved calamata olives, lemon juice and zest, olive oil and a little dill.

Had a small piece of cold salmon on top.  Delicious.

Honored Contributor

WOW.  WOW. WOW.

Just saw the video of the song Beyonce will be singing tomorrow at the Super Bowl!  Fantastic!  This one is gonna cause some controversy, lol.

http://sfist.com/2016/02/06/suddenly_more_interested_in_halftime.php

Honored Contributor

Re: Can We Talk?

[ Edited ]

Oh goodness I am really showing my age (or the age of my laptop) because I couldn't catch the majority of the lyrics but is that her little girl Blue Ivy featured when they have the three little ones in the shot(s)?

I still can't believe they chose Cold Play as one of the half time participants but to be honest I am most looking forward to Bruno Mars . . . love me some Uptown Funk! . . . Heart

eta:  apparently they have shipped all scallions to Illinois because we have so many of them they are on sale . . . Smiley Happy