Honored Contributor

Welcome dear friends and visitors to the Bird's Nest for February. 

Image result for valentine birds

Among the trees is a bird's nest,

and in the nest her three eggs rest,

and in each egg, Hush, you'll be heard!

There lies asleep A tiny bird.

Written by H.N. Bialik

I was at a loss for a clever thread title this morning, so I kept it simple.  The sun is shining brightly here and to most that wouldn't be news.  It's been overcast, dreary and rainy for at least 3 weeks around here so it's wonderful to see the sunshine.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Bird's Nest - February 2017

Possummink posted this picture for the month of February so I thought I'd copy it over from the January thread :-)

"Février" illustration de Nina Chen, artiste allemande.:

Respected Contributor

Possum, here is the pic. that I mentioned that has the beavers in the background at the edge of the pond. 

IMG_009.JPG

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama

Thanks for starting the Feb. thread!  Glad to hear that the sun is finally shining there.  The snow ended here and the sun is shinning here also.  Nice to see it again.

Honored Contributor

Contributor
Possummink

11:50 @FeederWatchCam

07:18, 1/31 American Goldfinch breakfast party #cornellfeeders

This photo is from the Ithica, NY  pond and feeder cameras.  There's one that focuses on Sapsucker Pond, behind the feeder and there you can watch ducks, geese, etc, and in the warmer months, herons and other water birds. 

Sapsucker Pond.

Honored Contributor

I forgot to mention that this photo is from Cornell Lab Feeder Watch.  It's live and even at night, though hard to see much then and of course the birds are sleeping.

The location of this feeder is at Sapsucker Woods, in Ithica, New York. 

FeederWatch Cam @FeederWatchCam  I think this is the right link, if not let me know and I'll try and find the correct one.   

At the bottom of this post  are two pictures from the Ontario Feeder Watch.  I love seeing birds there that never come down south as far as Missouri.   I had a Chukar Partridge ~~~Image result for alectoris chukar~~~ one time feeding on the driveway where the ground feeders eat, but don't know where or how he got to our place.   I was so excited to see him and can only think he had been up at Riverlands, the wild game and bird preserve on the banks of the Mississippi  in between the two big rivers the Mississippi and the Missouri.  I've seen Ringneck pheasants there and have had them show up at our feeder, but that was many years ago.   

Chukars were brought to the US as a game bird, and they are raised at some farms in MO along with Quail, Pheasants etc.   Maybe the bird was an escapee. 

17:50, 1/31 Ruffed Grouse visits the platform #ontariofeeders

Honored Contributor

Birds are so cute when they take baths....:

Bernie,   Thanks for the new February perch for us.   I copied and pasted the posts about the live camera feeding stations in case anyone wanted to check on them.  

Keep warm, so jealous of the snow you all are getting.  

Honored Contributor

A Gray Jay visited the Ontario feeder this morning.  

Honored Contributor

Here's a bird I never posted before - the Hudsonian Godwit.  I'm not totally sure what makes it Hudsonian in the Godwit family :-) 

Related image

Image result for hudsonian godwit

Pretty bird

Honored Contributor

}{ Snowy owl: