Honored Contributor

Back Fence and Bird's Nest - June 2015

[ Edited ]

Calling my Back Fence and Bird's Nest Buddies - How are you holding up with the forum changes?

I enjoyed my long weekend.  I was able to squeeze in lawn work yesterday - it stopped raining enough for the grass to be able to be cut which was good.  One week of rain and I had 3 big bags of grass clippings - ugh.

I also managed to trim Poppi's beak last Friday and cut my hair cut yesterday.  So, even with all the rain for 4 days, I did the 3 major things done that I wanted to do.

Okay, I am going to end this post and then do a reply to myself to see if I can include the bird of the day.  This is sad, I talk to myself in real life and now I have to talk to myself online too (hahahahaha)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Back Fence and Bird's Nest - Tuesday June 16th

The bird for today, June 16th is the Boreal Owl.  I hope this works.

Image result for boreal owl    This is what I do every time I look at the new forum

Good grief - I think this little bugger is crossed eyed

Image result for boreal owl

Trusted Contributor

Well I guess I landed in the right place. I was going to try the back fence group. I'll see where this ends first
Honored Contributor

Yock, I think they destroyed the June 2015 Back Fence and Bird's Nest.  They moved the nest and fence into Community Chat and I looked and looked until I gave myself a headache.

It's very good to see you posting. 

Esteemed Contributor

This is sad, I talk to myself in real life and now I have to talk to myself online too (hahahahaha)

LOL Bird!  Last night, my eyes looked just like that poor cross-eyed bugger's eyes. 

I'm not a nester, but I'm a pretty good back-fencer...just stopped by to say hello to a familiar...name.

Have a great day!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

MacDuff, there is something about this layout that honestly makes my head hurt. 

We used to have dedicated monthly threads for the Back Fence and Bird's Nest.  I think we lost the recent May and June 2015 threads.  I invest a lot of time to come up with a bird of the day.  Try not to have repeats and I've been doing this since Oct 2013.

They also moved us into Community Chat - maybe if I do a daily post it will stay in Amond Friends -  this is really rough.

Trusted Contributor

I have a hard time getting my space to reply. When I hit the heart does that go to your post. I notice message tags in the upper right hand corner. What is that feature. I think we just have to figure out how things work. I'm glad we start out each month rather than accumulate forever. Ok. Here I go
Esteemed Contributor

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I hear ya, bird.  My head is swimming.  Maybe if you do a daily in Among Friends for a few days running, then change up to weekly, then back to monthly once everyone gets used to looking in Among Friends for you...?  Even then you may need to bump it up regularly.  What a PITA!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Yock, if someone gives me a heart I get something called a notification.  I can't see the button to heart you - I need to find it so you know what I'm talking about when you get one.

Honored Contributor

Hi birdmama and back fencers, and since birds are found on back fences, I think we can all get along together. Smiley Happy  So far, the only posts I have made are on the old Bird's Nest yesterday, and to complain about this MESS of a forum.  I hate it!   We definitely belong in Among Friends.

Back to the old rat race, taking DD to and from work.  I was liking not having to leave the house but once a week or so.  the weather is much cooler, but still very warm, so we have a breather for a time.  I saw birds using the new bird bath yesterday, yay!

Are we able to copy and paste pictures as before?