Valued Contributor

After valentines day but still a love story for the ages....

In a world  of temporary things, I will share  a love story that will continue  on for  many years...

I met my husband when i was  5 , yes 5,  His uncle was a family friend he was 8,  his uncle brought him down one summer to golf , we had 60  acres ,  they shot golf balls into our  pool all summer long.Pains in my butt all summerlong.. fast forward  Never saw  him again. . I married moved to england , had a life ,  for 10 years.Came back to US alone,determined to  be  my own woman.Bought a house worked i was here about 2 years. Dated a few  times, not my  thing.Went out  with co workers  got bored in an hour on the way out  i fell broke my arm,  back inside employees iced my arm my friends took me to er. . Next day at home my co workers called, guy called saw you last night wants to see you? ok .He called  let me take you to dinner ,ok i have a  huge cast.   we went out to dinner waitress said we were so cute newly weds ? Went home , he hired help for me,  week later told me , he loved me ,would i let  him  help? His mom came took me to lunch  shopped for me. We laughed like old  friends.  The cast wasnt coming off , yikes,  would  i go to the cape with him. fast forward  a few weeks, my soon to be mil couldnt keep a secret. Honey lets go pick out a wedding dress, I helped Him find your ring.Yes i was in love, We found a dress..That next week at the cape as the tide rolled away my sweet boy picked up a tiny shell,I waited for ever  for  you ,please marry me? yes a whale watch and champagne later  made for memories . That fall a big wedding followed, That night my new husband said to me, i loved you from the moment i saw you As a little girl, my heart remembered you..By this time his uncle had long passed , but his gift remained, a few years later  on the same Beach  as the tide rolled out a new a shell appeared in that mans hands on bended knee , a gold shell with  a diamond in it , he said this time i have a  gift worthy of  my wife

. I often think of these  days 24years later.A gift from an angel,  an unplanned meeting and my love of a lifetime....Dreams do come true. Funny a week before we married my cast came off. He never saw me with 2 arms.....   And so began the adventure...Maryanne

Honored Contributor

Re: After valentines day but still a love story for the ages....

There are some thing that happen in life that are just meant to be. I hope for both of you many years of happiness. Your love story brightened my day...Heart

Super Contributor

What a beautiful love story!  So nicely written. God bless you always.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congrats...lucky, happy you !!!!  Love life's stories like yours!! When is the story of your eternal love coming to the movies?  Would make a good movie.... Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Keeper of the koi - Many of us have special love stories, but I agree with @corita - yours should be made into a movie! Thanks for posting! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Maryanne, what a great love story,

Image result for congrats animated pics

Honored Contributor

Well @Keeper of the koi, I LOVE your story and think it is beautiful.

Thank you very much for sharing it.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Keeper of the koi What a beautiful story.I can relate to it because I too am living a love story,for the past 36+ years!!

I met my DH on my first day of work,right out of college.He was the first person I met when I walked in.I asked him for directions.He said that moment he fell in love with me! It took me a little bit longer.I was seeing someone else.It wasn't long before the chemistry between us drew me in.I broke up with the other guy!

My friends couldn't understand how I could break up with a rich successful guy for someone who had no money & "had nothing to offer"!!

We had a small wedding in my MIL backyard.It cost us about $500. My friends got married in fancy expensive country clubs!!

Those friends are divorced & we are still madly in love living the life.My DH had no $$ when we met.He couldn't even afford to pay for our dates.We either went out cheap,I treated or we cooked at his place.

In 36 years my DH was only unemployed for 3 months.He has worked his butt off & has a successful career!! We have a beautiful home & a comfortable life.We are always there for eachother.We laugh a lot & still hold hands!!

When you follow your heart & your gutt amazing things can happen!

I wish you many more years of love & adventure!!!  The best is yet to come!!!

Valued Contributor

@NicksmomESQ,funny we are the only ones still married of our friends, and they laughed  att us how can you marry after  a few months! For the love of soulmates,they do exist. I heap blessings on you sister of life.We have found  the secret  of happy... A mate the way it is spoken in the book of life, somone to share our joy and sorrow...  Amen, Maryanne