Valued Contributor

Re: 154 hours with no sleep?

I saw this on the internet and say this same information, supposedly the source is the "brother in law", now the vultures are going to truly come out.  Remember, these people get paid for their "stories", it might be true, it might not. be ---- but I don't BELIEVE ANYTHING....I hear or see online.  Until the cause of death comes out, we can expect to hear all types of stories.  I saw on a british wesite the story that he bought 40,000 dollars of pills from a drug dealer at one time.  The stories are just starting and when you are dealing with "poor" people where this event is their only chance to make money, we should expect anything.

Honored Contributor

@CouponQueen wrote:

I don't understand why so much speculation is made on these deaths. Isn't anything private and sacred these days?

What gives us the right to such personal information on others..then we can speculate like crazy?

i know in the public eye - you get what you get..but where is the line drawn??

I wasn't a Prince fan really but I admire him for his contribution to the Music Industry. I would also like to see him given the respect in death regarding his medical condition/conditions.

Not everybody is Caitlyn Jenner and wants personal details out there.

@CouponQueen

I don't disagree with you at all, and Prince was more private about his personal life than most celebrities, but unfortunately, once they go the route of public figure, people will clamor for the details of their lives, whether it is right or not.  

Most celebs ask for the limelight to shine in their private lives, and it seems Prince wasn't like that. During his life, it seems that most of the media respected his privacy (although I'm sure he had to work to keep it that way), but once he was gone, all bets were off.

And anywhere there is even the hint that something illegal was going on (drugs, rumored), especially if it flies in the face of what the celebrity would say or represent themselves as, then the frenzy begins.

Hopefully the full truth will be released, and people will learn from the experience, and move on with their own lives.

Respected Contributor

Cannot understand how anyone can function with this much deprivation of sleep.  Heck, a week ago I had to wake at 4 am one day and didn't sleep until the following night at 8:30 pm and was so disoriented.  Couldn't make a complete statement.  Just totally washed out mentally and physically. 

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown