Contributor
I have so many VTM and am not sure how to use them without being crunchy. Can anyone give a suggestion?
Trusted Contributor

Re: Volumizing Treatment Mist

The Volumizing Treatment Spray is a potent product, so I have to be careful not to use to much, or my hair will be sticky/dry/crunchy.

I use it in different ways. If I want more all over volume, I use it in the shower, mixing five or six spritzes of the VTS with my styling cream and applying all over wet hair, working my from the ends up. Once I do that, I'll spray a few more times into the palm of my hand (no styling cream), flip my hair upside down and apply directly at the roots using my fingertips. This gives me great volume at the roots.

I've I've taken the time to do a traditional round brush blowout, I use it in place of a hairspray. About three or four spritzes (from at least 12" away) will keep everything in place without being stiff or crunchy.

Honored Contributor

How are you using it? Did you watch any of the videos where Chaz demos it? he uses it on wet hair, spraying it into the styling cream and mixing them together or on roots of wet hair. I always apply my styling products to soaking wet hair because it prevents or cuts down on crunchiness.

I use the Volumizing Treatment Spray on dry hair as a hair spray, but I don't use a lot of it and there's no crunch.

Contributor

I have been using it with the styling cream in the shower, as a hairspray and mixed with the replenishing mist to put my hair in curlers. If I use a small amount it doesn't work and if I use more my hair gets sticky and stff...crunchy.
Respected Contributor

I blow dry my hair, then put Velcro rollers in it while I do my makeup...I spray down in the roots (on the top area of my hair, between rollers)...then when I am ready to pull them out, I just kind of shake my curls out, (my hair is only chin length)...It kind of looks like the blonde Maria's if you watch the WEN shows, only shorter...(oh I only have the Fig VTS, that is only one I have used)

Respected Contributor

I use it in place of hairspray, and while my hair does feel a little stiff/crunchy at first...that feeling goes away in about 30 minutes. The "hold" remains, though.

Also, I water mine down by half. It makes the product last longer, of course, but it also lets my spray my whole head without using too much.

Respected Contributor

On 4/2/2015 vermint said:

I use it in place of hairspray, and while my hair does feel a little stiff/crunchy at first...that feeling goes away in about 30 minutes. The "hold" remains, though.

Also, I water mine down by half. It makes the product last longer, of course, but it also lets my spray my whole head without using too much.

I never thought to add water...I still have to use a touch of my "real hairspray" right at the very back, (crown area) but spraying the roots with the VTS has helped a lot..Will try your method as I would love to stop all hairspray..Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

On 4/2/2015 quadmimi said:

I never thought to add water...I still have to use a touch of my "real hairspray" right at the very back, (crown area) but spraying the roots with the VTS has helped a lot..Will try your method as I would love to stop all hairspray..Smiley Happy

quadmimi, just do a little half n half in a small spray bottle til you know if it's enough hold for you. I'd hate for you to water down a whole bottle...and then it doesn't work! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Respected Contributor

On 4/2/2015 quadmimi said:

quadmimi, just do a little half n half in a small spray bottle til you know if it's enough hold for you. I'd hate for you to water down a whole bottle...and then it doesn't work! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Ok thx.. Will do!..Smiley Happy
Contributor

I love it! I use it instead of hairspray - it works so much better - it doesn't get crunchy unless I overdo it. I'd like to try it mixed with the styling creme, but I always seem to forget. One of these days I'll try it that way.