Frequent Contributor

I am seeing threads about SMC and buying gallons if available. I am guessing a lot of people must like it.

Can someone tell me how the SMC CC compares to SHP and FTP? Is it just as moisturizing or lighter? How about the smell, is it long lasting?

Thanks!

Respected Contributor
I skipped SMC so others will have more direct reviews, however SHP was the first with the 4-honey complex of sage, Eucalpytus, manuka and Orange blossom. So though ppl sd SMC was moisturizing it wouldn't feel the same. My guess is ppl will say it is a little more moisturizing than FTP. FTP had an ingredient that was the equivalent of hair glycerine which helped with moisture. Also SMC does not have the 4 tea complex. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it is a bad formula-we all loved WEN before those complexes came along. I would have tried SMC, I just don't like coconut.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

SMC is my husband's favorite because of the scent (he can use most WEN with good success). It WAS my number one favorite, performance-wise, until SHP which is even better. It has coconut oil in, which other CCs do not. My hair loves coconut oil. It is moisturizing but just not as much as SHP but in a better way than, say, fig, - I am sure that is due to the 4 honey complex SHP has. I feel with fig, it is sometimes is difficult to rinse out well (kind of feels like their is a coating on the hair??). This is not the case with SMC.

We are going to get a gallon of SMC for my husband.

Trusted Contributor

I can't comment on how it compares to FTP, because I didn't try that formula. I wasn't crazy about SHP, but I didn't really give it a fair shot. When I tried SHP, my hair was being crazy because I had used too many protein-rich formulas.

SMC is one of my favorite seasonals (top three). Fall Apple Spice is my favorite, based on performance (and I actually like the scent). SMC and Spring Orange Blossom are tied for second, I really like both the scents and performance. I think I have an extra 32 oz SMC, so I'll be tickled to get a gallon of it. I can only use the seasonals occasionally, so it will last me a long time.

I love the scent, it reminds me of my favorite vacation spot......when I use it, I'm a happy girl! And, when I use it as a leave in, the scent does last.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much for all the information! It sounds as if I may really like this formula. Since I use mostly seasonals, I will be looking forward to trying this oneSmiley Happy

Contributor

Try it before you buy a gallon. I was expecting to love the scent and did not like it at all.

Respected Contributor

SMC is my absolute favorite. To me it's as moisturizing as the FTP. I never had much luck with SHP. It always dried out my hair and it kept getting tangled. The SMC scent does linger in my hair but it's not super strong.

Respected Contributor

I love it. When will it be coming out?

Deb

Frequent Contributor

Since it is a summer seasonal, they should be available the beginning of June. But while the fall seasonals as supposed to be available the beginning of September, I bought the FTP in late August. So it may even be available by the end of May.

I have a lot of Wen right now so was debating if I should order more SHL or just use what I have since it May/June is not that far away.

Respected Contributor
The SMC smells like suntan lotion to me. I like it. The coconut oil is very moisturizing and my hair really likes it. I found it more moisturizing than SHP or FTP due to the coconut oil.