Occasional Contributor

Wen Cucumber Aloe question???

Hello all, I am getting ready to switch my Wen gallon to a new formula (when they become available). Currently, I use Pom but am considering the switch to Cucumber Aloe. When I use CA, my hair is the softest and has great volume - not to mention it feels the cleanest. I am aware that CA is the most astringent and works so well because I use it periodically (sort of like a clarifyer) but will it perform so well as an 'all the time' cleanser... Oh and I cleanse about every 4 to 5 days. I guess I said all that to ask, is CA conditioning enough to use every cleanse or will it dry my hair out? Thanks in advance for responses.
Honored Contributor

Re: Wen Cucumber Aloe question???

Sorry, I don't use CA, but you might try a 16oz size to see how it performs long term before you purchase a gallon. A gallon is a long-term committment.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

On 3/26/2015 Drythe said:

Sorry, I don't use CA, but you might try a 16oz size to see how it performs long term before you purchase a gallon. A gallon is a long-term committment.

I agree. There's plenty of time before June to get a smaller size and try it out over a few cleanses to see if it is too drying for your hair.

Honored Contributor

If you know you like CA then you can certainly buy a gallon of it because you know you'll use it all eventually. Only you will know if using it every cleanse is too much. I love CA, but only use it after I get color and when I do water aerobics. I'm not exclusive to one bottle.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

Like others have already mentioned, I would never recommend purchasing a gallon unless you know that you love the formula. (Trust me, I speak from experience.......It took me years to work my way through a gallon of Pomegrante. Even though I had tried it a 32 oz bottle before I ordered a gallon, it wasn't very long before I realized it wasn't for me.......now the smell of POM almost makes me gag......I am still sick of it.) Gallons aren't available here at QVC until June, so you have plenty of time to make up your mind. I would definitely try a smaller size before investing in a gallon.

Regarding Cucumber Aloe, I really like it, it's one of my faves (and the first one I ever tried). It does wonders for my oily scalp, but isn't quite moisturizing enough to use alone on a regular basis. My hair is long (a couple of inches below my bra strap), so the length of my hair needs more moisture than CA alone can provide. Of course, we all have different experiences, it might wind up being THE perfect formula for you!!

Respected Contributor

I agree with the others. You may want to try a 16 oz. or a 32 oz. and give that a try to see if it's something you can use on a regular basis. It has been a while since I've used the CA but personally it was never a problem for me to use it on a daily basis (my hair is fairly oily so it may depend on your hair type).

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your replies... I will try a smaller size. In particular, thank you HSB1204 for letting me know how it works on a continuous basis.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the thread about this formula. I know that I couldn't use it all of the time but may purchase a 16 oz. bottle to use occasionally after an oil treatment. It is definitely a drying formula but I may like it if I use it sparingly. Similar to Fig that I can't use often since it is too moisturizing for my hair.

Respected Contributor

A year into WEN, I've yet to find a formula that I'd want to use exclusively. I keep a seasonal and a core formula in my shower, and when each is used up, a different formula replaces it. Keeps my hair on it's toes, lol! For that reason, I'll probably never invest in a gallon.

Respected Contributor

I also have the same results from Cucumber Aloe. My hair has way more volume. I sometimes use Bamboo Green Tea or Tea Tree, but nothing works like CA. I only have CA gallons. The rest I have in the small bottles.