New Contributor
Watching the show on Saturday you said none of the girls use heat on their hair. Some of the girls with long hair had lovely curls, is that natural for them or is there a trick to it?
Honored Contributor

I can get curls like that using the sock bun method and even the soft long rollers (pillow soft rollers- not old school foam rollers) although those are a bit trickier for me since my hair is really long. I do not use heat.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/23/2015 mamav said: Watching the show on Saturday you said none of the girls use heat on their hair. Some of the girls with long hair had lovely curls, is that natural for them or is there a trick to it?

I heard Chaz on this visit talking about his model not using heat on her hair, except when she was on the air. My understanding was, she was not using heat or blow dryer every day, and that's why her hair is like this. But I watched a few shows past weekend, but not all of them.

Super Contributor

here is a video of how it is done by Chaz:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8POeKIfk9qI

#IamTeamWen
Respected Contributor
I spritz with RTM and squeeze in some SC at night. Make a topknot and twist the hair. Like Princess Leia bun but on top. Secure it with a scrunchy. In the morning it is curly. Very easy to sleep.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Esteemed Contributor

When I was a teen in Ukraine, we made hair rollers ourselves. We took cotton hankie, rolled piece of paper into tubed shape, and rolled paper from one end into hankie diagonally. Roller had two "tails". Took strand of hair, straight or with a twist, and rolled hair into "hankie roller" all the way up, it this point tie the ends. It was super easy to sleep with, and in the morning - wow great curls!

Esteemed Contributor
It's almost a year now that I haven't used a blow dryer or any heat on my hair. it wasn't planned but I found I like the results. Like others have mentioned I also put it up and achieve curls. Sometimes if it's damp before bed I just twirl small pieces of it in my fingers then put a ponytail in. I have also had rollers put in it for a few nights out. I can honestly say my hair has changed even more and given a choice I prefer passing on blowdrying these days.
Respected Contributor

I only have just above chin length hair...I wish I didn't have to blow dry it, but I do...I use a cooler setting so hoping that helps...I just don't look good in longer hair, I wish I did it would be easier I am sure.....but I don't use any other heated tools on my hair now, and always use SC.....

Esteemed Contributor

Mimi, you are not sleeping too?

New Contributor
Thanks for the tips. When my hair grows out I'll give them all a try and see what works for me.