Respected Contributor
I have been using more cleansing conditioner as my leave-in. I am seeing an improvement in the hydration of my hair. It does not weigh my hair down. I saw Chaz put a whole pump from the 32 oz. MIF cc into Brooke's hair. I was like, Wow, I'm not using enough leave in. I usually use a dime size amount for my medium length hair. Today, I used about a quarter sized amount. It made a huge difference. My hair is softer and my ends feel awesome. I also used a pump of styling creme. Just wanted to share my experience... Happy Wenning!!!
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Frequent Contributor

This is going to be a dumb question. I have been using the CC as a leave in but I add it while I am in the shower and wrung out my hair but it is still dripping wet. I add the leave in and then squeeze the remaining water out of my hair (as well as some of the CC). Am I doing this wrong? Should there be no water dripping from my hair when I add it? Chaz has said add it to soaking wet hair so I thought how I have been doing it is right. I have tried using a bit more of the CC thinking I wasn't using enough but I knew it was too much because my hair was sticky afterwards which I know isn't right.

Respected Contributor
I am asking this question seriously because I want to understand it.........why can't you just not completely rinse out your hair on the second application rather than rinsing everything out and then adding more?

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor
I'm not sure if my method is correct either. Chaz always says to add all the leave in products to soaking wet hair. Im not sure if that means before or after the water is squeezed out. I always add the leave in before I squeeze the water out of my hair. I'm not sure if this is the best way, but it works for me. Maybe some others will post about what they do. Maybe Bruingirl can tell us how they do it at the salon.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor
On 3/22/2015 reiki604 said: I am asking this question seriously because I want to understand it.........why can't you just not completely rinse out your hair on the second application rather than rinsing everything out and then adding more?
I'm not sure, but I think it's because you need to rinse all the product from your scalp to make sure to rinse all the dirt and oil from your hair and scalp. Then you add the leave in to just the midshaft and ends to add hydration.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

I take my ponytail section & twist it around to remove excess water & then put some CC on my ponytail section & twist around like Chaz does on the shows he does. I had DH cut the ends of my hair the other day. He said what's in your hair it keeps bouncing back up & I said what & curling around kind of like pigtail curls. LOL!!! Makes it hard to trim the ends of my hair while it's drying & curling around.

Respected Contributor
I just saw the recording of Chaz adding styling creme to Sheila's hair. He said do not wring out your hair before you apply the styling creme. I'm assuming that means to not wring out your hair before you add the leave in also.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Frequent Contributor
On 3/22/2015 Hilary77 said: I'm not sure if my method is correct either. Chaz always says to add all the leave in products to soaking wet hair. Im not sure if that means before or after the water is squeezed out. I always add the leave in before I squeeze the water out of my hair. I'm not sure if this is the best way, but it works for me. Maybe some others will post about what they do. Maybe Bruingirl can tell us how they do it at the salon.

It sounds like our methods are the same....this is reassuring to me I've been second guessing myself lately (I don't know why).

Respected Contributor
On 3/22/2015 Hilary77 said: I just saw the recording of Chaz adding styling creme to Sheila's hair. He said do not wring out your hair before you apply the styling creme. I'm assuming that means to not wring out your hair before you add the leave in also.

I too have been experimenting with a little more leave-in after watching one of Chaz's demonstrations. I am very happy with the results. The leave-in I add to soaking wet hair before wringing it out. But when it comes to the styling cream, I don't get good results when I add it while in the shower. I'm sure it is my lack of coordination but I get far better results after I do a light toweling. I emulsify the styling cream really, really well in my hands then rake it starting underneath the way Chaz indicates. I can't explain why but I don't do this well in the shower...I just can't control where the product goes and my hair looks weighed down.

User error I'm sure...

Respected Contributor

Funny I was thinking of that this morning...I add the leave-in to soaking wet hair, then twist the water out...then I add the SC after that...but sometimes I add more SC (just a bit) even after I blow it dry...I probably use a lot as I use a good quarter size or more of leave in and my hair is above my chin, (not at all long like the models)...I love Wen so much my hair has never been like this before ever...Smiley Happy