Frequent Contributor
I realized that I can't use it - it doesn't provide enough protection against my flat iron and I need to go back to my kerastase for styling. Any ideas what I can do with SC? Any other uses? Thank you!
Respected Contributor
I assume (hope) you are not having to use the flat iron daily. Are you super curly naturally or is this just initially after cleansing? I also use SC at night sometimes with RTM. I cover my hair and in the morning it is so moisture laden. If I'm twisting it for curls in the morning, it really works to set them it, so it's just a shake and I'm off. Plus you still need it for your leave-in, not just as a heat protectant.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Frequent Contributor
Hi. I only washy hair once a week and flat iron after I air dry it after wash. No need to re-flat-iron throughout the week. Yes - it is extremely curly and dry and unmanageable. I like wen CC, but unfortunately SC is not doing much for me, and I have too much of it left... Oh well... I will figure something out.
Respected Contributor

You can use it to shave your legs! It has an even better slip than the CC.

Valued Contributor
Chicago-girl, this is not really going to help answer your question, but I am hoping you can answer mine. Smiley Happy I have a question for you if you don't mind sharing... I have hair that is thick and STRAIGHT as a 2"x4" and the rest of my family has thick curly hair (3 have VERY curly hair and one has that perfect thick wavy hair (that I would LOVE to have by just waking up in the morning with) and sometimes they ask me for advice on how much to use of whatever WEN product. How long is your hair, is it thick, what formula(s) of styling creme were you using or have tried, and how many pumps of styling creme when you tried using it where you using? I am just sort of getting an idea of what might work for the members of my family with curly hair. Smiley Happy Sorry to hear the styling creme just didn't work out for you; for me there are some formulas that work amazingly on my hair and then there are others I just can't get the results I love with. Personally I can't live without the nourishing mousse; that is one thing that really took my hair from great to amazing! Hair can be so picky sometimes! LOL...
Frequent Contributor
Hi Nicole! I use a lot of CC. Maybe 15-17 pumps the first time and the same the second time. Despite the fact that my hair is very dry and course, I can used FIG - it just doesn't do anything for me... It is almost to weak for my hair Smiley Happy I love TT and SAM and SHP. I also like 613 once Ina while. Remoist is amazing for my hair! I used it as a mask. I also used it on a beach vacation as a leave in - worked great! I starighten my hair all the time and I realized that I can't use wen for that - I am going back to my kerastase. I just don't think that SC and RTM and all other styling products protect as well as what I used to use before. I hope it helps Smiley Happy
Frequent Contributor
... I can not use Fig ---- sorry, autocorrect
Honored Contributor

I use it before water aerobics to protect my hair from the pool chemicals.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor
On 3/21/2015 Chicago-girl said: Hi Nicole! I use a lot of CC. Maybe 15-17 pumps the first time and the same the second time. Despite the fact that my hair is very dry and course, I can used FIG - it just doesn't do anything for me... It is almost to weak for my hair Smiley Happy I love TT and SAM and SHP. I also like 613 once Ina while. Remoist is amazing for my hair! I used it as a mask. I also used it on a beach vacation as a leave in - worked great! I starighten my hair all the time and I realized that I can't use wen for that - I am going back to my kerastase. I just don't think that SC and RTM and all other styling products protect as well as what I used to use before. I hope it helps Smiley Happy
You have been very helpful to me Chicago-girl, thank you so much! One other tiny question, if you don't mind. Smiley Happy When you did try the styling creme, how many pumps of that did you use for your hair length and type?
Frequent Contributor
Hi. I stated with 2 pumps mainly on my ends, but it made my hair/ends too sticky. I then reduced it to one pump mixed with RTM - less sticky, but not effective at all.