New Contributor

can i use BGT products on my persian cat ?

hello out there I was wondering if I can use BGT on my Persian cat ? if so which ones oil CC?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: can i use BGT products on my persian cat ?

My DD has used POM, SAM and BGT on our cats. Just rinse a lot, they come out sooo soft and shiny.
Honored Contributor

I only use the kids on my pets, including my cats. The kids are menthol free, no tea tree oil or other essential oils that are in the other CCs.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I would never use a cleanser not formulated for cats on my cats. I'd be afraid they would ingest something that would poison them. Cats are different because they wash themselves and they can be sickened by different things (like Tea Tree Oil). At least have your vet check the ingredients to make sure they are safe for your cat.

Honored Contributor

The problem is that just because something says it's made for cats or dogs doesn't mean it's safe for them either. There is no law or agency that limits what can and can't be in over the counter (non prescription) pet ""shampoo"". So buying one that says it's made for pets isn't a guarantee it's safe for them. You have to be an educated consumer regardless of what you buy.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

NEVER use anything with tea tree oil on cats! Ever. It is toxic to cats. In reality, cats do not need to be washed but if you insist on using Wen on your cats, use the Kids ones as those don't have tea tree oil - nor menthol - in them and are the gentlest. Also remember that cats also have sensitive noses, so if you wash your cat with some smelly/fragrant scent (regardless if it's with Wen or not) your kitty is likely to be VERY unhappy without you even knowing because you'll be too busy oohing and aahing over how wonderful kitty smells to notice that kitty's unhappy.

Respected Contributor

I would NEVER use WEN or any other product for humans on my cat.

Cats are always grooming, and any residue on their fur could be ingested.

I do not know about WEN for pets. ONLY if it said it was safe specifically for CATS.

I would ONLY use products on a cat that stated they are FOR A CAT.

A persian cat especially could ingest a lot while grooming.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Trusted Contributor

Cats groom themselves so much that I wouldn't want to put products that leave residue on their fur. Some of the WEN formulas contain essential oils like tea tree oil, which is toxic to cats. Not a good idea, IMO.

Honored Contributor

I would never use any shampoo not designed specifically for cats. Many substances that are innocuous for humans can be harmful to pets. Whether ingredients are natural or not still would not ensure safety for a pet. Cats, especially, will be licking themselves and swallowing these ingredients.

Honored Contributor

Ingredients: Strawberry Banana Cleansing Conditioner: Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Cetearyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Polysorbate-60 (Plant Derived), Cetyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Behenyl Alcohol, Musa Sapientum (Banana) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice Syrup) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower/Leaf (Chamomile) Extract, Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Flower Extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Glycerin (Plant Derived), Amodimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid (Naturally Derived), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone Fragrance (Parfum). HERE ARE THE WEN FOR KIDS INGREDIENTS. I DOUBT THEY ARE SAFE TO SWALLOW.