Respected Contributor

Comparison of Wen BGT vs Wen BGT w/Rice Protein

My experience with the original BGT was that it left my hair dry. I was wondering if anyone has experience with both and whether or not the one w/rice made any difference. I was going to give the Remoist Mask a shot.

Honored Contributor

Re: Comparison of Wen BGT vs Wen BGT w/Rice Protein

I thought they were one in the same? I thought BGT always was rice based. I didn't realize there were two versions?

Valued Contributor

There is no camparison. They are both the same formula. BGT has always been rice based. They only changed the packaging.
Honored Contributor

On 3/4/2015 Diva1Donna said: There is no camparison. They are both the same formula. BGT has always been rice based. They only changed the packaging.

okay that is what I thought. I thought I was missing something, lol!

Honored Contributor

On 3/4/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 3/4/2015 Diva1Donna said: There is no camparison. They are both the same formula. BGT has always been rice based. They only changed the packaging.

okay that is what I thought. I thought I was missing something, lol!

And now I know. I have only been using Wen for just over 3 months so I did not know the answer. I did think they were the same formula. It also leaves my hair a tad on the dry side.

Respected Contributor

Ohhh ... I figured it was something new because the packaging was different. Thank you for the clarification!

Valued Contributor

The packaging was changed to differentiate it from the core line like 613 is.
Respected Contributor

The BGT CC is a little drying for me, too, but the Remoist is actually very nice for my hair. Actually, the CC is the only thing in this scent that is drying to me. I do have a couple bottles of it, but I'll just mix it with something else.

Super Contributor

I love the smell of this one, but I also did not find that it moisturized enough.