Regular Contributor

Thinking of changing WEN products to something else.

I'm getting close to running out of WEN and thinking about using something else. Or just reorder again. I've been using it since 2011, I've see a bit of difference but nothing major. Both my husband and myself use it, so we go through it faster. I just don't know what to use after all this time. Plus the price is a factor as well, just wish they'd come down on the cost of his products. Has anyone stopped using WEN and what do you like using now? I've always had fine hair, and although WEN did pretty well, I don't really see a really big difference since I used Pantene before I started WEN. Plus all this news about WEN causing hair loss is a bit unsettling as well. I'd appreciate any advice on this, and what would be a good alternative hair care product.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Thinking of changing WEN products to something else.

Hi, I use wen and i alternate with alterna caviar shampoo. I have fine thin shoulder length hair and have been using tea tree and sweet almond. After using wen my hair just felt heavy and had no body, so i decided to try my old alterna. Wow, it felt so light and clean and had body again! I do use wen every other shampoo or as a conditioner after using alterna. I really do like my hair better now, the wen was just weighing my hair down. I may just stick to alterna, i am tired of having to think so much about all this wen stuff i guess.

Regular Contributor

Thanks lldaisy for your post I'll look into alterna, I have shoulder length hair as well and used WEN's Bamboo Green Tea, (love the scent) which was good, but the other brands were to heavy for me, and weighing my hair down as well.

Respected Contributor

I use Pureology Strength Cure now and find it does way better than WEN.

I just can't seem to LOVE WEN, despite several tries with it.

My hair looks and feels better with Pureology. I may try other WEN products, but I am done with the CC's.

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

I'm a WEN girl but I've seen really great reviews on Living Proof's ""Perfect Hair Day"" shampoo and conditioner. That's the company Jennifer Aniston co-owns and I think they might sell it here on the Q.

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty much done with WEN, too much hair in the sink. I'm using tweak-d rise and shine and tweak-d restore from HSN, Denis Simeoni makes it. I also use Nick Chavez products.

Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone for your posts, I will check into each one of these, it's so nice to have better options out there to try and not be afraid to venture out of the WEN zone I've been in for so long. Thanks for your time for posting, and helping me out.

Trusted Contributor

I use Alterna products too, but use Wen 1-3 days a week also. My hair looks really nice and healthy. I definitely have not experienced hair loss with Wen whatsoever. But maybe it doesn't hurt that I use a more clarifying shampoo several days a week as well. I really think that wen makes my hair look full and bouncy, but for me, when I use it exclusively it builds up on my hair (I have very hard water at my house). I don't think any hair or cosmetics brands need to be "all or nothing".
Esteemed Contributor

Hi poshmini! In regards to the hair loss, I think if Wen were to affect you that way, it would have happened.

I switched from Pantene to Wen in 2013. While I have no desire to stop using Wen, when I shampoo every few months, I use Pantene.

Why not return to them?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

I never had frizz before WEN! I stopped using it after countless experiments with formulae, etc. over a 2-year period. I'm almost thinking the new seasonals are nice, but I don't like them offered only for a limited time. Also, when I do my hair I want to not have to use a fist full, and I want to cleanse once and condition once and boom! I'm done!

(Love Chaz's styling things, though!)

I have plain old normal hair, so not everything works consistently well for me, but I did like maybe 1 or 2 of the Suaves -- the ones with oil or Moroccan oil, and also I liked Tresemme things. These are hanging around when I absolutely have no more Carol's Daughter.

Carol's Daughter (Cupuacu) has become my favorite, and I have tried many of the major salon things, but not with consistent excellent results.

Hair things, though, seems to be even more personal than skin care. Skin may be skin, but everyone's hair seems to have different needs.