Valued Contributor

Hi All. If you've found that BGT CC is not the best for your hair, would you try any other rice based CC? Just curious. BGT is ok for my hair, but others work much better. Not sure if I should give the new TSV formula a try. What do you all think?

Honored Contributor

Yes, I'd try the kids. No extra aminos like in BGT, no menthol.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Contributor
On 3/2/2015 jaxs mom said:

Yes, I'd try the kids. No extra aminos like in BGT, no menthol.

I agree. Try the kids.
Regular Contributor

What do you mean by not best for your hair?

Valued Contributor

The BGT frizzes my hair a bit, doesn't give me the tight ringlet curls that POM, TT and the Seasonals give me. Just trying to decide if I should try the mandarin fig in the next TSV.

Trusted Contributor

I'm trying to use common sense and NOT order the TSV in the new formula. Like you, BGT does not work well for my hair. Since I can only use 613 sparingly (and I have the equivalent of three 32 oz bottles from previous TSVs in my stash), I really need to sit this one out :-)

However, if it ships in advance and I see good reviews of the new formula (from other users who have the same issues that I have with BGT), I might cave, lol. But, I seriously doubt that will be the case.

It seems like I saw a hint on another thread that the next TSV (in the fall) might feature the body cleansing cream and/or lotion. My plan is to purchase one or two seasonal items over the spring/summer, then I can stock up on my core formulas later this year.

Contributor
What does TSV mean? I just ordered the bundle with the mandarin fig. I'm interested to try it. My hair loves the main line Fig...but I can't stand the smell.
Regular Contributor
On 3/2/2015 Arianny said:

The BGT frizzes my hair a bit, doesn't give me the tight ringlet curls that POM, TT and the Seasonals give me. Just trying to decide if I should try the mandarin fig in the next TSV.

Thanks for explaining. BGT doesn't work for me either. It dries my hair out, so I don't have any intention of buying anything rice based.

Since all it does is make your hair frizzy the mandarin fig may work for you.

Respected Contributor
On 3/2/2015 Missy823 said:
On 3/2/2015 Arianny said:

Thanks for explaining. BGT doesn't work for me either. It dries my hair out, so I don't have any intention of buying anything rice based.

Since all it does is make your hair frizzy the mandarin fig may work for you.

I agree that the mandarin fig may be a good choice for you. Unless you want to order the tsv you should wait for some of the reviews of this product or at least watch some of the shows when Chaz is on. Actually, I believe that bruingirl has used this product already so if she reads this thread she may be able to comment on this new formula.

Respected Contributor
On 3/2/2015 SquishyMommy1 said: What does TSV mean? I just ordered the bundle with the mandarin fig. I'm interested to try it. My hair loves the main line Fig...but I can't stand the smell.

Today's Special Value. The Mandarin Fig and BGT sets are the Today's Special Value on March 21.