Super Contributor

Do you like the Rice based CC's better or worse than originals?

Hello! I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the new rice based CC's? POM and 613 work best for my hair type so I'm curious what you all think. Thanks so much!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like the Rice based CC's better or worse than originals?

I'm not allergic to soy or wheat. The fact that rice is the protein source isn't an issue for me. I like the kids because it's menthol free. I wish we had more options for menthol free CC. I had hoped when BGT was announced as coming and being rice based it would also be menthol free but it's not. It also includes the extra aminos which my hair only likes occasional use of.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Definitely do better with the rice-based. No doubt about it. I loved the Tea Tree, but my hair responds to the Bamboo Green Tea (rice based) far better. It's all what works for you.

Respected Contributor

I love the scent of the Bamboo Green Tea, but it dries my hair out terribly even if I mix it with other formulas.

Super Contributor

Buck-i-Nana--What CC's work best for your hair (that don't dry it out)?
Contributor

My hair is pretty all purpose. They all work for me (some better then others as far as weighing my hair down a bit more then I like) but I really don't notice a difference between the rice based and the others for myself. I do in my daughters hair who is SUPER curly. The kids Wen makes her hair a bit more frizzy then the non-rice based ones, but not enough for us to not use it.
Super Contributor

Ditto Buck-i-nana. I love the scent, but find it drying (which I had realized it before getting last fall's TSV in this scent!). Although I can use it mixed with other formulas.

I have below the shoulder, naturally straight fine hair, not color treated, but I heat style most days.

My best CC's for both scent and performance are: SMC; SHP; FTP; WWC, 613. I like TT, SAM, and CA to use periodically year round, and more regularly in the summer.

Michele

Honored Contributor

Rice based (bamboo Green Tea & Wen Men) are my least favorite. I find them drying just like the other ladies mentioned. I do LOVE the smells...but I am using them up one pump at a time...mixing with something else. Won't order any new rice.

My hair is mid back long, color treated at the roots and on the dry side.

My hair prefers original Wheat based formulas...TT, Fig, SAM. I love the scent of some soy seasonals...Winter Van Mint esp!! And the Peach...but I must mix them. Soy alone is on the dryer side for me also but not as bad as rice.

Esteemed Contributor

I did not realize rice base was more protein. Stupid me. Thanks for this info.

Trusted Contributor

My hair is straight and fine in texture (but thick) and my scalp is naturally oily. My hair loves the original wheat-based CCs. I could use only Tea Tree CC, and have great hair every day. My other favorites are Sweet Almond Mint (especially in the drier months), Lavender (gives me great volume and I love mixing it) and Cucumber Aloe (in the summer months).

My hair doesn't respond as well to Pomegranate, and I can only use 613/seasonals occasionally. Usually no more than twice a week.

I like the scent of BGT, but can't use it exclusively, it makes my hair dry, frizzy and my ends feel hard and rough.