Regular Contributor

Can anyone tell me what the honey complex exactly does? Is it for moisture? Shine?

I've watched a few old presentations on Summer Honey Peach and they don't really mention the honey at all, just general "this is what WEN does" talk.

I also see the new Lilac Honey scent has honey, but only one type vs the complex. Do we know how much of a difference that is?

Honored Contributor

Honey is for shine and moisture mainly. You can google the benefits of honey for hair.

Most say that the honey extract is NOT as moisturizing as the 4 honey complex.

Frequent Contributor

I researched the Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey that is in WWC, FTP, SHL, MIF and also in SHP at the end of the ingredients and it sounds amazing. I absolutely loved the WWC, it affects my hair so differently that I had to do some research and I did also love the SHP but WWC is the best on my hair. After my research I will try and use any of the CC that utilize this ingredient Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, because it does wonders. I included this link with information for anyone that would like to read about it and how it repairs damaged hair and penetrates the hair cuticle to do so. It is really an amazing ingredient because of all the benefits.

http://www.lipocol.com/applications/lipocolombia/archivos/251_INFORMACIN_TCNICA.pdf

Hope this is helpful.

Respected Contributor
But the honey complex in SHP is made from the extracts of manuka honey, sage honey, eucalyptus honey and orange blossom honey. It is not the hydroxypropltrimonium honey that is in the SHL without the other honey extracts.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

Thanks Kjelle,

I was really hoping for the 4 honey complex. A good reason to load up on SHP.

As if I needed an excuse. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor
On 3/1/2015 Drythe said:

Thanks Kjelle,

I was really hoping for the 4 honey complex. A good reason to load up on SHP.

As if I needed an excuse. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I definitely plan on stocking up on SHP when it is available. I wouldn't be surprised if it sold out at some point. I really wish that it would become a permanent selection or at least was offered every summer as a seasonal selection.

Respected Contributor

Yep SHP will be like ""gold"" when it comes out...that will be one # I hope gets out sooner than later!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
On 3/1/2015 MG1 said:

I researched the Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey that is in WWC, FTP, SHL, MIF and also in SHP at the end of the ingredients and it sounds amazing. I absolutely loved the WWC, it affects my hair so differently that I had to do some research and I did also love the SHP but WWC is the best on my hair. After my research I will try and use any of the CC that utilize this ingredient Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, because it does wonders. I included this link with information for anyone that would like to read about it and how it repairs damaged hair and penetrates the hair cuticle to do so. It is really an amazing ingredient because of all the benefits.

http://www.lipocol.com/applications/lipocolombia/archivos/251_INFORMACIN_TCNICA.pdf

Hope this is helpful.

I also love the WWC & wondered if it was because of the Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey in it & also some Cupcuacu Butter. Since the new SHL also has this honey I'm thinking I will like it. Can't wait to try SHP with the 4 honey complex. Do any other formulas contain some type of butter besides the WWC which has some Cupcuacu butter & I think it was the Summer Mango Coconut which has mango butter? I need to go ahead & order the 16 oz SHL to try but wondering if I should also try the SOB? I'm thinking the SGGT will be a little drying for me.