Super Contributor

Question for long-haired girls.

So I have hair that is at my bra line and very fine. Also it has been thinning lately for I don't know what reason (need to make a dr appt). Anyway according to the website I need anywhere from 20-24 pumps which can be divided in half between 1st and 2nd cleanse (for a 32 oz CC) So I either need to use all 24 pumps in one cleanse or divide it in half and do a cleanse, rinse, repeat? So I definitely should not just use about 12 pumps for my first cleanse and not do a second cleanse? I am thinking if my math is correct that if I did about 20 pumps that a 32 oz bottle would last about 9 washes, which for me would be about a month (at twice a week). Is this correct? Do long haired girls go through a whole 32 oz bottle each month?

Sorry for so many questions but I just want to get this right.

Thanks!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Question for long-haired girls.

Is this Wen? I don't use it to shampoo. I/m from NV, a drought state, and it uses too much water to get it out. I use regular shampoo and then use 1/2 the amount of Wen as my cream rinse. As The water rinses through my hair, I use a pick and comb out any tangles.

You haven't said your age, so that could be a reason for hair loss. Also, for me anyway, whenever I had severe stress in my life, my hair would fall out AFTER the stress was over.

I'm 66 and fighting hair loss. Mostly it's just in my bangs area. I've been using the Hairmax comb, but I really think using Rogaine 5%, (usually for men) has helped a lot. I've been working on my area for a year. At least, it has not gotten any worse.

Good luck.

Regular Contributor

In my experience using Wen, the answer to most of these questions is.....it depends! On your hair type, the formula you are using, how dry the weather is, how often you are using it, etc. I have very thick wavy hair about 2" above my bra strap. My scalp tends to be oily and my hair tends to get dry at the roots. If my hair feels extra oily, I may do two "washes", but generally I only do one. I don't use anywhere near the recommended amount (usually) and my hair is THICK.

With thin hair you may want to start out on the lower amount side, as I've noticed that many women with fine/thin hair on the WEN forums complain that WEN makes their hair feel too heavy/greasy if they use the recommended amount. And make sure you add water, "lather", and rinse well. I think the lathering step makes a lot of difference in the final result. You need to emulsify the product in order to get build-up out of your hair and for it to rinse well.

It's really a trial and error process. Play around and see what works best for you, and give it some time. I will say I don't go through nearly as much WEN as I thought I might at first. Good luck and keep us posted!

Valued Contributor

On 2/27/2015 AlleyCat said:

So I have hair that is at my bra line and very fine. Also it has been thinning lately for I don't know what reason (need to make a dr appt). Anyway according to the website I need anywhere from 20-24 pumps which can be divided in half between 1st and 2nd cleanse (for a 32 oz CC) So I either need to use all 24 pumps in one cleanse or divide it in half and do a cleanse, rinse, repeat? So I definitely should not just use about 12 pumps for my first cleanse and not do a second cleanse? I am thinking if my math is correct that if I did about 20 pumps that a 32 oz bottle would last about 9 washes, which for me would be about a month (at twice a week). Is this correct? Do long haired girls go through a whole 32 oz bottle each month?

Sorry for so many questions but I just want to get this right.

Thanks!

A 32 ounce bottle has 192 pumps. If you use 24 pumps a wash, then you can get 8 full washes. Imagine if you are a long hair girl who likes to wash her hair everyday? And to get the full experience of Wen, more is more. Don't skimp out on pumps

From the website:

It seems like I'm using a lot of product. Can I use too much?

"WEN® isn't like an ordinary shampoo so you want to use more of it, not less. You can never use too much! The more you use, the better the results."

Honored Contributor

We have similar hair type. I have a medical condition + medication that can cause hair-loss. WEN has made a major difference to me. Take my word I've tried many, many.

My hair is within an inch or so of yours. From a 32oz container I use 5 full pumps for each cleanse. My go to is 75% BGT & 25% SHP for both, with TT oil 2 or 3 nights a week at bedtime. Pretty simple.

BGT gives me bounce and volume, SHP adds moisture and shine.

My stylist of > 20 years says my hair and scalp are the best he's ever seen them, and my hair is at it's thickest in my life.

Best to you in finding your go to product.

NourishingChazBeauty.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

I have long hair and I use maybe 4 pumps of Wen! I also use a deep conditioner afterwards, not wen.

Honored Contributor

My hair is hip length and I use 3-4 ounces for each of two cleanses or 6-8 ounces each time I wash my hair. I can use the smaller amount with the kids and spring orange blossom
Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I have hair that is at my waist- it has been either bra strap length or waist length since using WEN. I just blob it out these days but no, I didn't go through a 32 oz in a month when I used WEN for my first and second cleanse. I did a blob for the first cleanse, and a blob for the second cleanse and it worked great. You can always experiment to see how much works best for your hair. Those are just guidelines, not hard and fast rules.

Valued Contributor

My hair is fine and almost as long as yours. I use the Bamboo Green Tea exclusively now with the styling cream. The other cleansing conditioners did seem to weigh my hair down more than I liked.

The BGT also is a cleaner product....meaning there is virtually no residue left in the shower upon rinsing where with the other CC's, left a bunch. Looks like I poured the product on the shower floor!

I have been happy with my BGT using it alone for now. Will continue with this until I feel a change is needed but for now.....I am content. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I think your math sounds about right OP, plus you would use more pumps fori leave-in.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012